Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you download music for free?

+11
Mclaren MP4-20
zxlewi
jawlk
Aran
Craig
Jani
ast
bghjkl
ladycallie
resaik_king
BuckBuck
15 posters

Go down

Do you download music for free? Empty Do you download music for free?

Post  BuckBuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I do download some music online. But still i buy some cds. Do you think is right to do so? Dont you think that music artist are getting far too much money?
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Do you download music for free? Empty Re: Do you download music for free?

Post  resaik_king Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 pm

That is a crime dude:) but I also download music for free.

I think they are already rich..

resaik_king

http://www.iamkaiser.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 pm

I always download music. But dont tell anyone ! ITS A SECRET. Haha, I also download games, and videos, and rip dvds...I shouldn't be saying these things.

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Post  bghjkl Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:56 pm

yeah, i download music, movies, games, books, and software....

hehe

bghjkl

Back to top Go down

Post  ast Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 pm

I am downloading music because it is meant to be free, Even more and more artist start releasing their music online for free.

ast

Back to top Go down

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Not really. I don't download music because whenever I want to listen music I go to youtube, search for a song and if find it I play and listen to it.

Otherwise just turn my mobile radio ON and listen to local radio station Very Happy

I actually don't like listening music when working.

Jani

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm

I sure do... it doesn't even feel illegal either, it's not like I feel guilty or anything. More people do it than don't, I'll bet. There are a lot of P2P clients out there anyway, it's not difficult at all to get ahold of free music. Torrents are more severe anyway, there are hundred-dollar programs being downloaded right now using a torrent program.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 pm

I pretty much download everything, if theres a new song I like, I'll download it, new album, I'll download it, a program i'd like to use, download it.
I don't see why not, why spend hundreds of dollars for things you can just get for free by downloading. The company/musicians are losing money, but then again they're still making millions, so I don't see why they should care. I sure wouldn't.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am

That's it I'm getting the FCC! Just joking. I think anyone saying that they haven't downloaded some music for free is a liar. The technology with computers is endless, some people don't even download music they can just rip it from actual cds.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 am

Yes, i too download musics for free from websites which offer them for free. Even though it is downloadable without paying any extra price, they are usually of low quality. It will better to hear that song free than to pay and hear.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:04 am

You can actually get songs of pretty good quality off of Ares or Soulseek, or something of that nature. It doesn't even feel like it's illegal, everyone knows everyone else downloads music 'illegally' and just not enough is being done about it to have people say, "Hey, this is illegal, and maybe it's something I should not be doing."

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 pm

I think its stupid that the RIAA is tryin to pressure people to buying CD's so badly. Demand dropped for CD's but they still want us to pay the same price for them! Why do that when you can just download it for free? Even if its illegal, atleast im not paying like 10 dollars to listen to a few songs that are good on an album...

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mclaren MP4-20 Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:24 pm

No , simply coz My download speed is 7kb/s Sad , i am a member in some warez Forums . ''software is like sex better when its Free'' Smile

here at my country i can buy a Music Cd For $2 only , a DVD for $2 Also . we have some warez stores Very Happy

I don't download Music but i can download some scripts and Templates For Free cheers

Mclaren MP4-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lorelei Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:32 pm

well, I am ashamed to recognize that, yes, i use to download music instead of buying it... i also spend a lot of time on youtube... I would like to have a rich collection of CDs with the music that I like but there are so many things on which I have to spend my money, that I have to download music from internet... Sad

lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm

hahah its a very interesting question in my opinion i think that after some years all people will download all the songs and movies from the internet coz i am just downloading all the movies and songs which i want to listen or want to see from the internet and i just use google to serch a song or a movie and then i just download the movie or a songs from their

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Do you download music for free? Empty Music for free

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:03 pm

I have downloaded a P2P software for free from the net. Its called Aries Destiny. From it I can download ANY type of Music for free. The condition is, that the music should be on the server, that is, it should be on another User's Computer who is also Using the Software. But now its been used by millions of people and hence you can find any music easily.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 pm

I personally rather not waste money at the CD shop when I can waste my bandwidth buying albums and songs!

Music Producers loose millions to us but they also gain millions, when they made the songs they knew that it would come with a price and the price is us downloading them for free.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:20 pm

i think from the last 6 year i did not bought any music Cd's from market and also i'll download more than 2000 movie's from internet cheers
i love to watch movies related to action romance and other things
and now a days many movies are come here in internet and in my opinion many people download movies from the internet

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down