Protein Powder?

Go down

Protein Powder?

Post  ladycallie on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Does anyone use protein powder to increase muscle mass or to get in more protein during the day? I am a female and I am trying to get more lean mass, and I know I dont get enough protein. What are some suggestions?

ladycallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Protein Powder?

Post  BuckBuck on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Make yourself a proper diet. Eat 3-4 times a day 200 grams of chicken meat. And you will be alright. This is the right thing to do. I have protein powder as well but i do not use it very often, simply because it does not help me a lot.
BuckBuck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:58 am

O_O that's a lot of chicken. But, I guess I really should eat more meat. I really dont eat it that often. X_X No wonder I feel sick all the time.

ladycallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 am

That's tasty. Protein shakes and protein powder is a must for any true person who wants to burn the weight and gain the muscle. If you eat like a shrimp and don't take the proper nutrients and spend all the time in the gym you aren't going to see much muscle improvement.
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 am

use to take this stuff myself but my mum use to be a fitness instructor and told me that actually it does more bad to you if you dont burn it all off than it does good.... its no quick fix and can often put more fat on you than muscle... it kinda worked for me but tastes like sh** but whatever some people just bare the taste i suppose.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:49 pm

I used Creatine for a good year, it's tough to keep up with. It basically just puts water in your muscles, basically... fattening you up, and you have to work out a lot and turn that all into muscle mass. It worked pretty well for me though, I'm comfortable with myself, physically. I've never been big on energy drinks, protein shakes, and all that.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 pm

I do not use protein power for building mass? And i am not sure whether the protein power form these so said companies will aid you in getting into a good shape. But its said to help you to build, but not all the people. What i say is do some exercise, regularly, so that you will began to build yourself.

good luck.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:37 pm

I still dont see why people buy this s***, just go out to the store eat acouple eggs, eat some cheese, make some chicken and bam theres your protein in a natural way. You do not need all of these protein shakes and what not, just eat a lot and go work out, its that simple.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:31 pm

A reasonable amount of protein intake couldn't hurt. Specially since I don't eat nutritiously nor do I eat more than 2-3 times a day. Aran, not everyone wants to stuff their face with eggs + cheese everynight. Wink

I really should start making it for myself...just mixing milk, whey protein, and frozen bananas.

SportsFan429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 am

SportsFan429 wrote:Aran, not everyone wants to stuff their face with eggs + cheese everynight. Wink

Its better than wasting money on cheap protein shakes when you can just get it from eggs and chicken and cheese. Eat a banana and dont waste your money on that crap. Just stay natural and bam you will get muscles the real way.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:05 am

Aran wrote:
SportsFan429 wrote:Aran, not everyone wants to stuff their face with eggs + cheese everynight. Wink

Its better than wasting money on cheap protein shakes when you can just get it from eggs and chicken and cheese. Eat a banana and dont waste your money on that crap. Just stay natural and bam you will get muscles the real way.

Uh, protein supplements have concentrated protein which will basically give you all the protein you need when you don't have time to cook up a meal. It's basically a replacement for having to rely on big meals for protein, and I think it's less fattening but that's just me.

SportsFan429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 am

SportsFan429 wrote:
Aran wrote:

Uh, protein supplements have concentrated protein which will basically give you all the protein you need when you don't have time to cook up a meal. It's basically a replacement for having to rely on big meals for protein, and I think it's less fattening but that's just me.

I think eating some chicken and real food is better cuz you get more than just protein! Also it makes you full so you dont walk around starving, which is better than just drinking some shake and going to work with a loud stomach.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 am

Aran wrote:
SportsFan429 wrote:
Aran wrote:

I think eating some chicken and real food is better cuz you get more than just protein! Also it makes you full so you dont walk around starving, which is better than just drinking some shake and going to work with a loud stomach.

Wow my point went right over your head, I was saying that if you DON'T have time to make a meal that it's a replacement for a source of protein. Not all of us have some "eggs and chicken and cheese" at hand 24/7 you know. Wink

SportsFan429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:25 am

Wow my point went right over your head, I was saying that if you DON'T have time to make a meal that it's a replacement for a source of protein. Not all of us have some "eggs and chicken and cheese" at hand 24/7 you know. Wink

Oh I see what you mean now. I agree, but I think a lot of people replace their meals when they can make it with shakes instead. I dont think thats good for you. But anyway yeah if you have time always eat thats what I think.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:59 pm

I have protein powder but i didn't try that,because i think that it is not good.I Make myself a proper diet.my mom use it but i think that my burger is more tasty instead of that type of protein powder.
and i like to eat burgers and many more delicious things especially pizaa

Last edited by sportscrazy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Protein Powder

Post  kunal on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Protein is the building block of our body. It is necessary for the growth and development of our bones and body. Blood cells, Hormones, genetic materials ,etc are all made up of some protein or another. Similarly, muscle fibers are also made up of protein, and hence a lot of protein intake is required in order to build ripped muscles and gain muscle mass. These days, Amway Provides one of the best protein powders.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down