Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books turned into movies?

+3
evolva
Sims2
ladycallie
7 posters

Go down

Books turned into movies? Empty Books turned into movies?

Post  ladycallie Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm

A lot of books are turned into movies, but they are never as good as the book. What are some books you have read that also have great movies to go with them? My personal favorites are Harry Potter. Both are quality entertainment.

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Books turned into movies? Empty Re: Books turned into movies?

Post  Sims2 Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Harry Potter would probably be my favourite as well. Didn't read too much of the books, however the movies have certainly lived up to expectations.

I personally prefer though usually the books. When reading, your using your imagination to build up the characters in your mind how you imagine them to be and you can perceive the literature in your own personal way. In a film, it's much more direct.

Sims2

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 am

harry potter and some other ones like A Walk to Remember have turned to be a great success , to make a movie made from a book a hit u need a great cast i think , because without them the movie wont be good

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Am I the only person here who hasn't read a Harry Potter book or seen a Harry Potter movie? It really seems like any book-to-movie recreations are disappointing so I tend to stay away from them... Err, Charlotte's Web? I guess that wasn't all too bad. Like I said, I try to do my best to either exclusively read the book or watch the movie, mix and matching usually turns to disappointment.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm

I've never read a harry potter book nor watched any of the movies. I don't even know any other character other than Harry Potter. I don't know why, I guess im not that immature to watch that shit. Not even when I was like 13-14 did i watch or read anything that had to do with harry potter. I was more of a pokemon kid.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:47 pm

I've never read or seen anything related to Harry Potter.

I prefer to watch movies. Books don't entertain me and if I want to watch a movie or so it's usually to be entertained. That said, In highschool I always prefered the films to the books because I am lazy while the English teacher was usually on about how the movies sucked and the books were superior.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:56 pm

i think its the other way around, movies are way more superior, first of all it takes less time to do, less effort, and second of all its more entertaining to actually go to the movies with your friends and watch the movie, rather than sitting in your room in the corner with a blanket over your body, while absorbing the heat of your chimmeny.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm

A lot of the entertaining movies come from science fiction and fantasy novels and books. Harry potter series, spider man series, super man series etc comes in these genre. I think among them, harry potter was the most successful one. Any way most of them were quite interesting to see.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down