You stole our player (and other such whining)

Go down

You stole our player (and other such whining)

Post  Alex_Palace on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Well, We've got 700,000 for John Bostock after a tribunal. Considering the 9 years of working on him, this is a poor sum, indeed.

Obviously, Spurs@heart will be quite happy but I sure ain't.

What worries me is this sort of thing (Premiership teams taking developed youngsters from the championship for nowt) will only get worse if the proposed '6-5' rule comes into play.

Many countries do not allow players to move club until they're 21 and this would be great as smaller teams would be able to get results from the hard work put into training these people.

What does everyone else think?
Alex_Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You stole our player (and other such whining)

Post  Saintjersey on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Alex_Palace wrote:Well, We've got 700,000 for John Bostock after a tribunal. Considering the 9 years of working on him, this is a poor sum, indeed.

Obviously, Spurs@heart will be quite happy but I sure ain't.

What worries me is this sort of thing (Premiership teams taking developed youngsters from the championship for nowt) will only get worse if the proposed '6-5' rule comes into play.

Many countries do not allow players to move club until they're 21 and this would be great as smaller teams would be able to get results from the hard work put into training these people.

What does everyone else think?

Agree, it is extremely annoying. We train players such as Walcott, Bale and Jones then they go off to Premiership teams.

Walcott went way to early, and I think is nowhere as good as he used to be. Bale has been injured so can't really comment. Jones just cares about money.

Unfortunately all players seem to care about is money, there is no loyalty nowadays.
Saintjersey
Admin

View user profile http://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:42 pm

I do feel sorry for the likes of Southampton, Palace, and all other 'smaller' teams, as it seems these 'bigger' teams just poach all the talent from everybody else which seems very unfair.

I think greater restrictions should be put in place to prevent this from occurring.
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spurs@heart on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:50 pm

To be honest i agree with you and disagree with you. It is always a shame when the "lesser" clubs lose young talents because they are snapped up by the bigger teams. However what we have to remember is that by the age of 21 some players are already becoming if not already superstars - and if they are forced to stay and play for Bournemouth Gas Works (for want of a better team!) their future could be ruined by not having the chance to develop their skills and train with other world class players. And that would be a shame for the World of football in my opinion. However i do agree with the 6-5 rule, if you want to be a club in the ENGLISH Premier League then you must have English players - or atleast British players. Not only would it make the league more competitive but it would drastically improve the England team. AND more importantly Arsenal would be screwed Razz
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintjersey on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:18 pm

spurs@heart wrote:To be honest i agree with you and disagree with you. It is always a shame when the "lesser" clubs lose young talents because they are snapped up by the bigger teams. However what we have to remember is that by the age of 21 some players are already becoming if not already superstars - and if they are forced to stay and play for Bournemouth Gas Works (for want of a better team!) their future could be ruined by not having the chance to develop their skills and train with other world class players. And that would be a shame for the World of football in my opinion. However i do agree with the 6-5 rule, if you want to be a club in the ENGLISH Premier League then you must have English players - or atleast British players. Not only would it make the league more competitive but it would drastically improve the England team. AND more importantly Arsenal would be screwed Razz

Arsenal's only good young player is from us that says something. lol!
Saintjersey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Chelsea are starting to produce young english players, which I suppose is at least something.
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintjersey on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Arctic wrote:Chelsea are starting to produce young english players, which I suppose is at least something.

They still take them from youth teams of 'smaller clubs' Razz
Saintjersey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:04 am

isnt that the way it works though, you start at a boys team, and get picked up by a bigger team, all the way to a premiership team ? (im form scotland, and thats how it works here - they start you when you are 5 or 6 years old and can tell instantly if you are good or not) though i dont know how they do it.
localhost8080

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:50 am

It's all fair in love and war, eerrm I mean football. I don't think that it's called for to be claiming anyone stole anyones player, the players have a right to switch teams and take advantage of the deals before them, after all most of it is a money game so it's more like you baught, not stole the player.
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down