How many of you have got .me domains?

Go down

How many of you have got .me domains?

Post  Jani on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Recently .Me domains were allowed, they are good but only when you go and make your personal site. For commercial websites/forums it is not a good domain.

And secondly I think they are more expensive domains than normal .com domains, they are $19.00 per year I guess so this is the second thing why I don't like to use them.

What is your thought about them?

Jani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How many of you have got .me domains?

Post  Craig on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:27 pm

I was actually considering it. It's funny how all of the 'verb'.me domains were taken so quickly. I can only imagine how much love.me, kiss.me, and domains of that nature will resell for. Is .me actually a domain extension for 'personal' use or does it happen to be the extension for a particular country?

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jani on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:36 pm

No no, the .me domains were not created ONLY to be used for personal sites, but you really can't use it for commercial sites because it will not fit in there.

For example u can make Yourname.me but can u make talkforum.me? it will not look good.

Jani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am

i didn't own a .me domain. There are a couple of reasons for that. The main one is its price which made me think it me out of choice. And even though there is n rules i think, am not sure, i think its not opted for corporate also. A .com is better than .me in my opinion.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:55 am

zxlewi wrote:i didn't own a .me domain. There are a couple of reasons for that. The main one is its price which made me think it me out of choice. And even though there is n rules i think, am not sure, i think its not opted for corporate also. A .com is better than .me in my opinion.
Well naturally the .com domain extension will always be dominant, but it's interesting to see how quickly people jump on these new extensions and how soon auctions already come up. I recently saw 'rape.me' sell for $600. That's a whole lot of money for something someone could have purchased so much cheaper just weeks earlier.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down