Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know swimming?

+4
zxlewi
jawlk
Aran
Jani
8 posters

Go down

Do you know swimming? Empty Do you know swimming?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 pm

I don't know swimming Smile

Actually I feel scare from the deep water that's why I don't go that much deep when I visit beach here.

However I like to swim, but because of my fear I can't go and learn it.

Jani

Back to top Go down

Do you know swimming? Empty Re: Do you know swimming?

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes I love to swim too. It's a great cardiovascular work out.
Although I haven't gone swimming in years, it doesnt change the fact
that its a great thing to do. Which beach do you swim at Jani? Can you get us some pictures or something? I'd like to see the beaches Very Happy.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 am

It's been awhile since I have done actual swimming for fun, but I have been out in the water deep sea diving and snorkeling if that counts as swimming. But not any kind of Olympic style speed swimming or anything that's too competitive in the water.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:03 am

yeah, i know swimming, but only a little bit. Even though i know how to swim i am not brave enough to try since i didn't mastered it. And also now a days i lacks much stamina for that purpose, for a long swim.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:58 am

I'm definitely not the best swimmer ever, and I don't really keep up with much of swimming as a sport... well, until the Olympics with Michael Phelps, so I can't so I know too much about swimming. I know as much as the strokes, and past that, I'm a little unclear. The Olympics were exciting though!

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Craig wrote:I'm definitely not the best swimmer ever, and I don't really keep up with much of swimming as a sport... well, until the Olympics with Michael Phelps, so I can't so I know too much about swimming. I know as much as the strokes, and past that, I'm a little unclear. The Olympics were exciting though!

Yeah, I like the picture of him going around the internet too, it's pretty funny. One shows him going SSJ and stuff. Ive been reading a lot about swimming as a sport because of his excellent performance. Can't wait to see more!

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  lorelei Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:27 pm

No, I don`t know to swim, but I would love to... I used to be very scared by water but recently I have been surprised to find that I am not so afraid of water. So maybe I will take some swimming lessons or so, because I think is very pleasent to enjoy the beauty of the sea, for example.

lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:48 pm

yes i know swimming and i do swimming in holiday

and i think its a best excercise coz all of your parts of the body move and it is the best exercise i have ever seen

and i suggest to the persons wants to lose their weight just do this exercise

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Do you know swimming? Empty Swimming.

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

I was also very afraid of water when I was small. My mother knew about this fear of mine and asked my elder brother to help me. My brother hence took me to a pool. he promised me that I wont enter the water. I was busy enjoying the scene sitting on the edge of the pool, with my legs in water when I was pushed into the water.

I was so scared and was splashing water all around. After a while i realized that it was just waist deep. I was so embarrassed, and asked my mother to enroll me into a swimming coaching camp.

Now, 10 years since this incident, I am a professional swimmer, and have won many state and national awards.

So, for all those who dont even dare to enter water, please get rid of the fears, as swimming is not a big thing, it is very easy and fun activity infact.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down