The Contender

Go down

The Contender

Post  BoSoxFan on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Some of you may know about the show "The Contender" it is a boxing show where they get a bunch of boxers and train them skillfully and see who comes out on top. One of my friends father is going to be on that show in 2009, So for any who watch it, His name is Tim Flamos.

BoSoxFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Contender

Post  Craig on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 pm

I think it's pretty cool that there was a sports-based reality show like this. I think it came on HBO, and I don't get that channel so I was never actually able to see any part of it. How many seasons of this show have they had already, and have any of the winners actually progressed and made it big?

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Seen a few episodes, sadly on one episode it turns out that one of the members who had lost also died later on for unrelated reasons. He had a kid and a wife too. Sad

I like the way they edit the fight scenes + use music, makes the fights feel more exciting.

SportsFan429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 pm

i have seen Condenter as TV series. I think they are giving good training for these guys. But to fight straight with who trained with us for a period is some time hard to do. It is not sparring so, its just fighting to win the game out of the other person and on time trying to outrun all others who trained along with us

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 pm

The contender was a pretty entertaining, dramatic TV series which I really enjoyed watching. It was a pretty good idea to make a TV series about boxing. It's a very fun sport to watch and I'm just happy I got the chance to watch it while it was still airing on TV.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:24 am

What was in the end for the winner of The Contender? Was there some sort of contract guaranteed to them if they made it to the end? Have any of the finalists actually made a big and developed a career for themselves? Most of these shows just seem like dead ends for people, even winners.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum