Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASA Hacked

4 posters

Go down

NASA Hacked Empty NASA Hacked

Post  Craig Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:59 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2008/08/27/dlvirus127.xml
A malicious computer virus that steals passwords has been brought on board the International Space Station, NASA has confirmed.
W32.Gammima.AG is a worm virus that was first detected in August 2007. It copies itself onto computers in order to steal log-on information - including usernames and passwords - for online games. The virus then attempts to send the information back to a central computer.

If something like this can get into NASA, how easy do you think it is to get into your computer or mine? Doesn't NASA have a strong firewall, something of that nature? Firewalls and antiviruses now are set to block virtually anything from getting immediate access to your computer so I can't see how this all worked out.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

NASA Hacked Empty Re: NASA Hacked

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Well I think they had to try really hard to get into nasa by singling them out and a lot of people use the internet so i dont think theres anything to worry about. I also think its stupid to hack nasa even if its for fun because they are trying to push technology forward.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  lorelei Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:51 pm

waw! I really have no idea how something like this is possible! we are talking about NASA!!! maybe their system is not as perfect as we imagine that it is!
the one who did that probably tried to see if it works, like a challange or something...
or maybe he had a specific objective, who knows...

lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:55 pm

i cant believe to it
i think that their system was brilliant but now a days viruses damages most of the big companies computer so i think that these type of viruses should be control out other wise its very dangerous for the big companies to get security

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum