Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings

3 posters

Go down

India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings Empty India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings

Post  kunal Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Even after their impressive 3-2 series win over Sri Lanka, India has slipped to 5th spot in the latest ICC ODI rankings after England. This shows the Indian side needs to play more consistently and win more matches rather than getting complacent because the series has already been won.

Comments?

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings Empty Re: India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings

Post  Cobalt Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:35 pm

Though India have one or two very good one day players, I don't believe they are good enough all-round to do as well as they should be doing. Sri Lanka played as poorly as India played well, so I don't think all that much can be taken from their 3 - 2 series victory.

They need to play more consistently and maybe even bring one or two more promising young players into the fold.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings Empty Re: India slips to 5th spot in ICC rankings

Post  Ratchet Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Ouch, This is not a good sign for India. They need to lift their consistency up immediately. They have a perfect lineup and they are lead by a great captain (Dhoni), So I'm quite surprised to see India at number 5. It just shows that the Indians need to work harder and put more effort into their matches and training.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down