Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray...

4 posters

Go down

Andy Murray... Empty Andy Murray...

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 pm

What are your thoughts? I think he is a good player and has the potential to go far, and whilst I like to see passion and ambition, I think his temperament could be the difference between him being remembered as a good and a great player.

Take his performance in the Olympics - To me it looked like lack of preparation and perhaps even professionalism. He admitted that he wasn't as prepared as he should have been, and I think that is a great shame. Though the Olympics isn't the pinnacle of Tennis, it is a global showcase for talent and I am disappointed we didn't put on a better showing.

Let's hope he has the maturity to learn from his mistakes on this occasion and go on to do well at the Masters.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray... Empty Re: Andy Murray...

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 am

Andy Murray is a British John McEnroe, except more McEnroe's junkyard swings are better and I bet McEnroe has twice as much intelligence as Murray if he has any, saw a vid of Murray on YouTube and wasn't impressed with Murray's answers or performance.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 pm

A British John McEnroe? You may be giving him just a little more credit here, but Murray definitely has a promising career ahead of him. His performance during the Olympics did seem a little amateur, and I think if he actually does get the chance to perform on that stage again, he won't make the same mistake twice.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Bleh, McEnroe? That guy was in a totally different league of his own, and Murray has a loooong way to go before he comes even near to what McEnroe achieved. But yes, Murray has a tenacity that I admire, and I think he will achieve some level of success over the next few years.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down