Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan

+7
sophia
zxlewi
lalit7552
jawlk
evolva
BenJ
ammarmemon
11 posters

Go down

South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan Empty South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan

Post  ammarmemon Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:37 am

South Africa have neglected playing ICC chamopion's trophy in Pakistan.Do u think that their decision is good or not??
I would say that they have made a wrong decision for not playing in Pakistan,becz as far as security is concerned,Pakistan Cricket Board provides 100% security to all players.

ammarmemon

Back to top Go down

South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan Empty Re: South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan

Post  BenJ Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 pm

I think it's down to personal choice, and if a good proportion of the team didn't feel entirely comfortable then I can accept their decision not to travel. It's disappointing, of course, as South Africa are currently one of the best sides in the world, though ultimately it's not upto anybody else but them and if there's any doubt to their safety, the players cannot relax and focus on playing cricket which is what the trip should be all about.

BenJ

Back to top Go down

South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan Empty Re: South Africa neglects playing in Pakistan

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 am

i think its a bad decision they should have approved , they missed a chance

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:48 am

The middle east is an area of hostility at this point in time, I could see why sports tournaments would be denied in case of internal affairs involving government and the like. We don't need to lose any great cricket players to car bombs. I don't think that will happen, just saying.

Last edited by jawlk on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Well thats their personal matter and every board should think about their players and about their safety first. This was not at all new in cricket history earlier also Australia, England, Kiwis avoided to play in Pakistan.

But however because of this reason Pakistan Board loss huge money and cricket lover missed an interesting tournament.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 pm

I believe that its because of the security issue that makes South Africa to neglect playing ICC champion's trophy cricket tournament in Pakistan's soil. No country wants to risk their players. See, now a days there are of of issues going on there...

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sophia Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm

well, i think this decision by South Africans is not only bad for Pakistan Cricket Board but also its really has Bad impression on World Cricket and as well as for the audience & Spectators.
This decision really disappointed me and other Fans of cricket as well.
More Over ICC should take care of such issues seriously because these things really damages the image of cricket at World level.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:01 pm

hmmm the decision was disappointing but they must really have a reason to decline because no team will do this unless there is a reason. They have the right to be concerned about their players security

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Fair decision I say, Pakistan is really descending into Chaos. Terrorists coming in, terrorists coming out, the place is a mess! I really wouldn't support sending anyone's team there, who knows where and when terror strikes?

The current instability in the government provides another reason to not play any matches in Pakistan these days.

Last edited by kunal on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:40 pm

Its a good decision. Pakistan is currently in a state of emergency. Everyone is scared the terror alert is high. I can understand how the South African players will be feeling. I perfectly understand..

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:17 pm

i think that its just because of the security issue that makes South Africa to neglect playing ICC champion's trophy cricket tournament in Pakistan. No country wants to risk their players.
but in my opinion pakistan is safe for the cricketers as many bomb blasts there but no ciricketer caught in this attack so i think all the terorrists are not the enemies of crickiters

Last edited by sportscrazy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sophia Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 pm

I, Personally don't like their decision at all and i know many of the spectators wouldn't like this decision either. This decision not hurt pakistan but also damage the Cricket and its audience.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down