Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riddles Along with Answers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Riddles Along with Answers Empty Riddles Along with Answers

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 am

What is it?

The people who make it don't want it. The people who buy it don't use it. The people who use it don't know it. What is it?

The Answer:

A coffin: The people who make it aren't going to want a coffin and the people who buy it don't use it on their self. The people who use it don't know it because they're dead

evolva

Back to top Go down

Riddles Along with Answers Empty Re: Riddles Along with Answers

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:11 am

Lions

There are many doors and you are standing in the center.

Each door has lions in it who are hungry for more than 100 years. How will you go in the doors?

The Answer:

If the lions are hungry for more than 100 years they must have died now.

evolva

Back to top Go down

What Is It?

Girls have it but boys don't
Billy has it but kelly doesn't

The Answer:

The letter "I"

evolva

Back to top Go down

Lights On

A man lives in his house. He also works out of his house and his job is very important. Everyday the man must sleep with the lights on to avert from tradgedy. One night the man gets so sick of the light he turns it out for the night. The next moring he reads the newspaper, takes out a gun, and shoots himself.

Where did the man live ?

The Answer:

A Light House

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 am

Lights On

A man lives in his house. He also works out of his house and his job is very important. Everyday the man must sleep with the lights on to avert from tradgedy. One night the man gets so sick of the light he turns it out for the night. The next moring he reads the newspaper, takes out a gun, and shoots himself.

Where did the man live ?

The Answer:

A Light House

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 am

Sand Castle

If it takes 20 buckets of sand to make a sandcastle, how many buckets will it need to make another castle of the same shape,
but twice as big in each direction ?

The Answer:

160 buckets. Since the large castle will be twice as long, twice as wideand twice as high, it will be 2 * 2 * 2 = 8 times the mass of the small one.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:13 am

Woman's Shootings

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.

How can this be?

The Answer:

The woman was a photographer.

She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:13 am

Car Race

If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

The Answer:

You would be in 2nd (not 1st!).

you passed the guy in second place, not first.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:14 am

The Answer:

You would be in 2nd (not 1st!).

you passed the guy in second place, not first.

The Answer:

NONe HEHEH

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:14 am

What am I?

I am enjoyed by some, despised by others, and some abuse me. I am a sacrament, a gift. I am never-ending, yet at times some break me. What am I?

The Answer:

Marriage

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 am

The Bridge Riddle

Four members of a band are walking to a night concert. They decide to take a shortcut, but must cross a bridge. Luckily they have one flashlight. Because of the varying size of their instruments, it takes each member a different amount of time to cross the bridge - it takes the first person one minute, the second person two minutes, the third person five minutes and the fourth person ten minutes. They must cross the bridge in pairs, travelling at the slower speed so if the one minute person went with the ten minute person, it would take a total of ten minutes. Since there is only one flashlight, one person must come back across the bridge, then another pair can cross. They only have 17 minutes to cross the bridge and still get to the concert on time. What order should they cross to get everyone across and get to the concert?

The Answer:

First, the one minute person and the two minute person must cross the bridge, for a total of two minutes. Then the one minute person should come back with flashlight - total of three minutes. The five minute person and the ten minute person cross together next, making the total thirteen minutes. Now the two minute person goes back and (total now fifteen minutes) and gets the one minute person and they cross together bringing the total to seventeen minutes.

Last edited by evolva on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 am

What is the missing letter in the following series:

2 T 4 F 8 E 16 S 32 T 64 ?

The Answer:

The letter is 'S'. Each letter is the first letter of the number before it spelled out.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:17 am

Growing Tree

A tree which is planted on Monday and doubles in size each day,is fully grown on the following sunday. On what day is it half grown?

The Answer:

Saturday (it doulbles in size each day).

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:18 am

What is it?

Whats greater than God, more evil than the Devil, poor people have it, rich people don't need it, and if you eat too much of it you will die. What is it?

The Answer:

Nothing.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:19 am

Age Problem

My age today is three times what it will be three years from now minus three times what my age was three years ago. How old am I?

The Answer:

The math way:

X = The current age.

X=3(X+3)-3(X-3)
X=18.

If I was 18 then three times my age three years from now would be 21*3 (63). Three times my age three years ago would be 15*3 (45). Subtract 45 from 63 and I am 18.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:19 am

Oranges and Peaches

There are three boxes containing fruit. The first box is marked peaches, the second is marked oranges, and the third box is marked peaches and oranges. Each of the boxes is labeled incorrectly. How could you label each box correctly if you were allowed to select only one fruit from one of the boxes?

The Answer:

First you select a fruit from the box marked peaches and oranges. If it was a orange you selected, you know that the box could only contain oranges. If it was a peach, you know that the box could only contain peaches since each box in incorrectly marked. If, for example an orange was selected, you would mark that box oranges and switch the other two incorrect labels around. Now all three would be correctly labeled.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:20 am

3 on 3

Using the numbers 1-9 (you can only use each number ONE time) can you make 3 rows of 3 so that the sum total of all 3 digits in any direction (vertical and horizontal) is 15?

The Answer:

8 3 4
1 5 9
6 7 2

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:20 am

Which way

You walk up to a mountain that has two paths. One leads to the other side of the mountain, and the other will get you lost forever. On the road you meet two twins that know the path that leads to the other side. You can ask them only one question. One of the twins only tells lies and the other only tells the truth, and you don't know which is which.

So, What do you Ask?

The Answer:

Which way would your brother say?

Example: If the good path is left, and you ask the liar this question, he'll say Right, because his brother will say left and he himself lies. The truthful fellow will say right, because he tells the truth, and the other one lies.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 am

The Bartender

A man walks into a bar. He asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun, and the man walks away happily. Why?

The Answer:

The man had the hiccups. The gun scared him, and the hiccups went away.

evolva

Back to top Go down

The Light Bulb

You are in a house. There are 3 light switches. Inside of a closed room (that you CAN NOT see) there is a light bulb that is turned on by one of the switches. If you can only go inside the room one time how can you tell which switch turns on the light?

The Answer:

You turn 1 switch on for ten min. Then you turn that one off and turn on the second one and go inside the room. If the light is off but the bulb is HOT it's the first switch. If the light is on it's the second switch. And if the light is off and the bulb is cold it's ther third switch.

evolva

Back to top Go down

What am I?

I am the begining of eternity and the end of time and space. I am the begining of every end and the end of every place. What am i?

The Answer:

The letter "E"! Beginning of Eternity end of timE and spacE, etc.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 am

What is it?

There is a thing that nothing is and yet it has a name. Its sometimes tall and sometimes short. It joins our talks, it joins our sport, and plays at every game.

What is it?

The Answer:

Shadows

evolva

Back to top Go down

Sons and Horses

A rich man has two sons. When he dies, the sons read his will. The will says
the sons must race their horses to a distant city and the LAST one's horse to
get there gets the fortune. So the sons start racing as slow as possible to
get the fortune. At nightfall they stop at an inn. They tell their problem to
the innkeeper and in the morning the sons are racing as fast as they can to
the city. What did the innkeeper tell them to do?

The Answer:

He told them to switch horses. So if one son gets there first, he will be on
his brother's horse and his horse will be last and he will get the fortune.

evolva

Back to top Go down

The Jugs

You have 2 jugs. A 5 gallon jug and a 7 gallon jug. There are no marks on the jug to show the difference between each gallon.

How do you get 6 gallons exactly?

The Answer:

First fill up the 5 gallon jug and pour it into the 7 gallon jug. Now there are exactly 5 gallons in the 7 gallon jug. Then fill the 5 gallon jug up again and pour as much as possible in the 7 gallon jug. Only 2 more gallons will fit in the 7 gallon jug so ther will be 3 gallons left in the 5 gallon jug. Next pour out the 7 gallon jug and pour the three gallons that are in the 5 gallon jug into the 7 gallon jug. There should now be 3 gallons in the 7 gallon jug. Now fill the 5 gallon jug up again and pour as much that will fit into the 7 gallon jug. Only 4 gallons will fit so there should be 1 gallon left in the 5 gallon jug. Again pour out the 7 gallon jug. Pour the 1 gallon the is in the 5 gallon jug into the 7 gallon jug. There should now be one gallon in the 7 gallon jug. Now fill up the 5 gallon jug and pour all of it in the 7 gallon jug. That plus the 1 gallon that is already in there equals to 6 gallon.

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 am

Get to 100

How do you get 100 by using the numbers 0-9 once?
Example: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7(8x9)= 100

Can you find another way to get it?

The Answer:

[(1+4)5][(3+2)-(9-Cool(7-6)]=100

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: