Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Beckham

+5
zxlewi
SportsFan429
Aran
Craig
jawlk
9 posters

Go down

David Beckham Empty David Beckham

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 am

So who here agrees with me that David Beckham from Los Angelex Galaxy is just another overrated celebrity icon rather than an actually talented and worthwhile football player? I always hear the girly girls squealing about what a hunk he is. The guy married a spice girl for crying out loud! Laughing

Last edited by jawlk on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

David Beckham Empty Re: David Beckham

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Football (or soccer, over here) is supposed to be so much less competitive in the states, so what happened to Beckham? He's a celebrity, just a face for us to have ahold of, and hasn't done anything in the MLS since his arrival. It's all a bunch of hype, he should crawl back overseas and get it done with already.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Are you serious? Beckham is owning MLS, you should him doing his amazing free kick goals. I think on his first game with MLS he scored the winning goal for them. Clearly you have NOT been watching any of the soccer games Craig, that is a big shame.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:01 pm

I believe he's wasting his time in the MLS. He should be using what's left of his skills playing for real teams. At the moment I see him as a celebrity and nothing more.

For the record his wife is hot and Ali G was hilarious when he interviewed the two.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 pm

David Beckham in my eyes is one of the greatest footballall players now in the world.And i was very happy to see him on the closing ceremony of Beiging olympics on kicking the football. I will never forget that moment in my life for he is a great guy Smile and i feel priveleged to meet him in person.

Last edited by zxlewi on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Beckham is overrated. He was such a rave in Europe, and then he comes over to the US in a less-competitive league and he's unheard of, he's more concerned with movie star roles and attending award parties than he is staying involved in US soccer. I wouldn't feel bad at all if he was shipped right back to Europe.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Why should he care about soccer anymore, hes rich, hes made more than enough money, if i were him id just retire after MLS and just go party..and the american soccer teams must be a joke for him since they all suck at soccer. I bet Beckham smiles everytime before he goes to sleep.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Aran wrote:Why should he care about soccer anymore, hes rich, hes made more than enough money, if i were him id just retire after MLS and just go party..and the american soccer teams must be a joke for him since they all suck at soccer. I bet Beckham smiles everytime before he goes to sleep.

Because it's his profession. I'd be smiling before I go to sleep too.

Craig wrote:Beckham is overrated. He was such a rave in Europe, and then he comes over to the US in a less-competitive league and he's unheard of, he's more concerned with movie star roles and attending award parties than he is staying involved in US soccer. I wouldn't feel bad at all if he was shipped right back to Europe.

I don't think he has to even try anymore, I mean he's only in it for the money. If he was really looking to play with a GOOD team he'd still be in Europe and not slacking off there.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Let's face it, he's past his best and whilst he might soldier on making the odd appearance for England, he's hardly going to set the Premier League alight were he to come back. I've got full respect for the guy - He was a very talented player and if he'd had a bit more around him, maybe he could have achieved more at International level.

However, rather than drop a division or spend half the season on the bench, he's chosen to go to the States where he's paid a small fortune to play against some very mediocre clubs. He's effectively dropped a division in terms of skill level whilst retained an obscene salary and probably gained fame. Good luck to the bloke.

I just hope he's playing football because he loves football, not because he loves to be in the spotlight.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 pm

David Beckham joined soccer as a great talented young player. He was really a gifted player to play for England, but as he grew famous, he more turned into a model from a Player. This really affected his gameplay badly, and resulted in his losing a place from the English soccer team.

He should now focus again on soccer, and should realize, that everything he has got, Luxury, fame, etc. is because of soccer, and hence it should be his first priority. Everything else can wait.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 pm

David Beckham would be hardly anything in fame if he wasn't married to Victoria Beckhkam. Though i have to admit he is certainly a star player. Perhaps if he concentrated more on soccer and less on underwear adds it would help his gameplay.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:53 pm

nopes i am not agreed with you.istly david is a player,then comes his other profession ,a celebrity. he is a good forward player for england.
i like the way he played just brilliant and also many of people here in my country also love his game

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum