Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think that level of Umpiring going down

+2
zxlewi
lalit7552
6 posters

Go down

Do you think that level of Umpiring going down Empty Do you think that level of Umpiring going down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Recently in India Vs Australia we saw the very low quality umpiring and that also from the top quality umpire Steve Bucknor. His umpiring really forced me to think about Umpiring quality. As we have seen new technology is coming into cricket ground and ICC also giving option to players to take the referral from third umpire ... Is that the reason of such declining in quality ??

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Do you think that level of Umpiring going down Empty Re: Do you think that level of Umpiring going down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Recently in India Vs Australia we saw the very low quality umpiring and that also from the top quality umpire Steve Bucknor. His umpiring really forced me to think about Umpiring quality. As we have seen new technology is coming into cricket ground and ICC also giving option to players to take the referral from third umpire ...because of wrong decision from umpire sachin had lost his opportunity.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Do you think that level of Umpiring going down Empty Re: Do you think that level of Umpiring going down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Not really, I don't think the level of umpiring has gone down, its just that the umpires are coming under higher scrutiny. Players these days are also not afraid of showing dissent if they don't like a decision, and hence umpires are scrutinized for every small decision they make.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Nah, Umpiring is the same. In fact its probably being better due to more advanced technologies. The Umpires are closely watched in matches too, so there is not much worries. You can never expect something to be absolutely perfect..

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 pm

No way why would it go down ?
I dont think it is cause even after the new review system was introduced still the umpire's decision was correct most of the time.

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:55 pm

i think if umpires such as the steve buknor the most mature and experienced umpire of the world do such type of mistakes than definitely i assure that the umpiring level of quality go down and down so i appriciate ICC new review system through batsman and bowler can take advantage against the decision of umpire

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down