Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most popular Ferrari driver

4 posters

Go down

Most popular Ferrari driver Empty Most popular Ferrari driver

Post  Mclaren MP4-20 Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Retired seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher is the most popular Ferrari driver of all time.

That is the finding of a survey conducted by the Italian daily sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, which said 49 per cent of the 16,887 readers who responded voted for the recently departed German.

At second place was Gilles Villeneuve, who died whilst practicing in his Ferrari in Belgium in 1982.

The French Canadian netted 22.6 per cent of the vote, ahead of Jean Alesi (10.8%), Nigel Mansell (6%), Niki Lauda (3.8%), and the late Michele Alboreto (3.7%) and Clay Regazzoni (1.7%).

Conspicuously missing from the top ten were Schumacher's recent team-mates Rubens Barrichello and Eddie Irvine, and also the highly successful Alberto Ascari and John Surtees.

Mclaren MP4-20

Back to top Go down

Most popular Ferrari driver Empty Re: Most popular Ferrari driver

Post  Joash Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:45 am

Wow, awesome, how old is he now?

Joash

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Not sure, but he retired about 1-2 years ago. He was a legend, I watched him Race at the Melbourne Gran Prix a few years ago and i got a few snaps of his F1. He was calm and never got cocky and a great addition to the sport itself..

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:20 pm

My favourite too was Michael Schumacher! I loved his driving and the fact that he beat all opponents by huge margins. For a span of 5-6 years, he totally dominated F1 racing, and I think he deserves top honours for that. I think he was backed up by a top notch team as well, and that's one of the reasons for his success.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down