Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hand of god

2 posters

Go down

hand of god Empty hand of god

Post  kunal Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:39 pm

What do you think of the hand of god goal of Diego Maradona? I think it was a brilliant goal, but bleh, it was by his hand :p

I think he was very lucky in getting away with it, specially in such a crucial tie, it was the death knell for England literally. I hope it never happens again, though it was fun to watch.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

hand of god Empty Re: hand of god

Post  Cobalt Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:24 pm

It's one of those things that you'll almost certainly never see again, and whilst I'm no great believer, something was definitely on his side that day. I don't like to see deceit in any sport, whether it's diving in football, claiming a catch that wasn't in cricket or whatever, so can't really say I agreed with the manner in which the goal was taken.

Unfortunately, so much fame, money and fortune rides on almost all major sporting events that it's unlikely that we'll ever see much real sportsmanship coming back into the game at the very top level. Having said that, many believed it really was the Hand of God so I suppose they weren't about to give it up and concede that it wasn't a goal!
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum