Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer wants Olympic Gold...

+8
jawlk
localhost8080
BuckBuck
corleone
Valcer
Sam Designs
artagnan1978
pama
12 posters

Go down

Federer wants Olympic Gold... Empty Federer wants Olympic Gold...

Post  pama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 pm

World number one, Roger Federer, though he lost in the French Open and Wimbledon finals, declared the Beijing Olympic Gold as his top priority now.

His reasoning is simple. As already there are 12 grand slams to his credit... Olympic Gold ranks HIGH in his agenda; He just missed the medal in 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Friends.. CHEER him now!

pama

http://way2millions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Federer wants Olympic Gold... Empty Re: Federer wants Olympic Gold...

Post  artagnan1978 Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm

pama wrote:World number one, Roger Federer, though he lost in the French Open and Wimbledon finals, declared the Beijing Olympic Gold as his top priority now.

His reasoning is simple. As already there are 12 grand slams to his credit... Olympic Gold ranks HIGH in his agenda; He just missed the medal in 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Friends.. CHEER him now!

I don't what chances he has to win an Olympic Gold medal... he is not in the best shape... I say that his No.1 ATP ranking is shaking... he just might lose it, if the loosing strike continues.

We shall live and see what happens with him...
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 pm

I think it would be a great addition to his career, winning the Olympic Gold. I remember watching him at Sydney, he came so close.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Olympic sporting events like this rarely attract 'top' players, so he's got every chance. I often wonder what the point of including sports like tennis and football in the Olympics is, since there are other bigger events in these sports (World Cup, Wimbledon) that isn't true of the track and field events.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Yes I watched that 2 prestigious game which are Rolland Garros and Wimbledon. He lost both tournament at final games with Rafa Nadal. Rafa now is climbing up the ladder. But the ranking for ATF still for Roger Federrer

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:37 pm

In the beginning i did not like him but i know i like. He is a great player that really deserv it. I hope he wins an olympic gold medal. This is the only missing piece in his collection.
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:19 am

i thought you couldnt do both - be a pro and be in the olympics ? i thought you had to resign from being a pro ? im probably wrong, but i just thought that was the rules
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 am

Difficult goal and sure it presents a tough challenge, but after a record like his it sounds like a realistic goal. I hope he can achieve the Olympic Gold and add it to his rich collection of trophies. He's a fine specimen of a tennis player.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Federer wants Olympic Gold... Empty Federer wants Olympic Gold...

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:41 pm

I am sure that he is one among the great tennis player in the history of tennis. But still he is not having the Olympics gold in his carrier. But I am sure that he will overcome this on the coming Olympics in London. Because he is a great fighter.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Ah well, he lost his match at the Olympics quite early indeed, which was a great disappointment. I was hoping he'd go on to win and show the world he hasn't been declining. But one cannot argue against the facts, he has seen a downhill run of form lately, though I am sure all it takes is one good tournament for him to bounce back.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:25 pm

kunal wrote:Ah well, he lost his match at the Olympics quite early indeed, which was a great disappointment. I was hoping he'd go on to win and show the world he hasn't been declining. But one cannot argue against the facts, he has seen a downhill run of form lately, though I am sure all it takes is one good tournament for him to bounce back.

Indeed, Federer has had a very steep downhill run lately from the French right down to the Olympics. If he can claim the Australian Open and the U.S Open then he should get right back into form.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:12 am

roger federer indeed need a gold medal in olympics but in olympics his main rival rafel nadal got this title.

federer has faced a couple of defeats against nadal in a couple of tournaments lyk wimbledon and french open
but he still gud

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down