Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought this would interest you all....

+5
ladycallie
Sam Designs
spurs@heart
artagnan1978
pama
9 posters

Go down

Thought this would interest you all.... Empty Thought this would interest you all....

Post  pama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Tobacco - either smoking, or chewing .. is supposed to be injurious to health. But, not anymore....

Researchers at Stafford University, London have declared recently that TOBACCO plant may actually offer means to treat a certain form of CANCER.

Yes. You have read correctly.

Tobacco plants are being used as FACTORIES for an antibody chemical specific to the cells which cause follicular B-Cell lymphoma. These antibodies are put into a patient with the disease, to PRIME the body's immune system to attach any cell carrying them.

More details required? ... write your opinions here.

pama

http://way2millions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Thought this would interest you all.... Empty Re: Thought this would interest you all....

Post  artagnan1978 Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:30 pm

That is what I call a turnover.

Tobacco is considered the number one reason for all cancer diseases. And I believe that it is.

I say that tobacco is extremely bad for health. I could agree with you, stating that some components of the tobacco as a plant might bee useful in treatment for certain form of cancer. But that's it!

However, Tobacco remains extremely dangerous for our health.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Thought this would interest you all.... Empty Re: Thought this would interest you all....

Post  spurs@heart Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Its the same with all medical preventions though. All vaccinations and innoculations have a bit of the disease that they are in the long term preventing to immunise the body. Quite clever really! alien
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:18 pm

spurs@heart wrote:Its the same with all medical preventions though. All vaccinations and inoculations have a bit of the disease that they are in the long term preventing to immunize the body. Quite clever really! alien

Yes, the principle is the same with the tobacco too. Maybe it works like all the vaccinations, meaning that they are giving you a little bit of cancer, so that your body starts to produce the anti corps that will help prevent getting ill.

Medicine is very inventive, you just never know what they come up next!
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm

If taken in a different form, I'm sure tobacco could be beneficial in someway or another. It's like heroine and morphine, they both come from the same family - just used in different ways.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Tobacco is useful if used in its raw plant form. Its great for rubbing on scratches and burns and other minor external injuries. I grew up in the south, and a lot of old ladies recommended that as a home remedy. However, for use in prevention of Cancer? Thats a bid ridiculous. Why use one thing to prevent ONE thing, which would cause a million other problems? The downsides GREATLY outweigh the upside.

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:50 pm

ladycallie wrote:Tobacco is useful if used in its raw plant form. Its great for rubbing on scratches and burns and other minor external injuries. I grew up in the south, and a lot of old ladies recommended that as a home remedy. However, for use in prevention of Cancer? Thats a bid ridiculous. Why use one thing to prevent ONE thing, which would cause a million other problems? The downsides GREATLY outweigh the upside.

That's like saying chemotherapy isn't good because of it's side effects. Cancer currently has no cure, but a prevention would be so much better than a few side effects.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 pm

No-one says that Tobacco is dangerous to your health. But smoking is. Well i believe that it can cure certain forms of Cancer. It just needs to be developed. It will take some time but i think it will be done some day.

Last edited by BuckBuck on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:45 pm

I think it's rubbish. Cancer isn't something like chickenpox, your body can't become immune from suffering a small outbreak or anything like that. Having cancer once doesn't reduce your chances of getting it again.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 am

in my personal opinion i just think that tobacco is very very dangerous to health it just damage our all body and we just do nothing then and it may cause a serious disease like cancer
so we have to stay away from this

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Smoking is bad for you, end of.
Arctic
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum