Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Opinions on Steroids?

+9
Craig
jawlk
evolva
corleone
BuckBuck
Valcer
ladycallie
nareshshah2008
Sam Designs
13 posters

Go down

Your Opinions on Steroids? Empty Your Opinions on Steroids?

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:25 pm

So many athletes are taking steroids to enhance their performance now. I am totally against it, but what are your views on the situation?

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions on Steroids? Empty Re: Your Opinions on Steroids?

Post  nareshshah2008 Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm

its a banned thing, so every should keep away from it.

nareshshah2008

http://www.webmastersheaven.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 pm

The main problem is with young athletes as in junior competitions, there aren't many drug checks so it seems a quick way to success. But to be honest, the fact that it's banned plus the side effects makes me so much against it.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Considering all the harm that they do to your body, I am against them. I had to take a steroid for a medicinal purpose, and I have not had a period since I last took it. Even small doses can harm you, even if used for treatment of an illness.

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Should be completely banned from all sports. Anyone who takes them should get a 5-year ban at the first offense and a life ban for the second offense. It's easy to say "life ban for the first offense", but I think people forget how much pressure some athletes are put under, even by their own trainers, to take steroids.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 pm

I work out regularly. I still have not taken steroids. But i will i near future. And i do not see anything wrong with them. And i really can not see why is everybody so against them.
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 pm

I am totally against it. I don't know why they need to take those things to empower their performance. Don't they think that is something unnatural for them to boost their performance with a steroids?

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

corleone wrote:I am totally against it. I don't know why they need to take those things to empower their performance. Don't they think that is something unnatural for them to boost their performance with a steroids?
I disagree with you. What is wrong with unnatural methods? I do not see anything wrong. It can only help athletes to make better results. I think steriods should be available to all athletes.
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 am

BuckBuck wrote:
corleone wrote:I am totally against it. I don't know why they need to take those things to empower their performance. Don't they think that is something unnatural for them to boost their performance with a steroids?
I disagree with you. What is wrong with unnatural methods? I do not see anything wrong. It can only help athletes to make better results. I think steriods should be available to all athletes.

bro i am a med student so i disagree with u , though steroids sound to be a magic drug and all but they have detrimental effects on your health , so its A double edged sword but one end is sharper thats the Negative ill effect end

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 am

I think it's fine if someone wanted to get ripped and really show off the human muscles. But as far as serious competitions like the Olympics I do not think that steroids should be allowed, the Olympics have a strict policy on drug abuse and they will take away your medals if they ever find out you were abusing.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

It's comparable as if... steroids vs. vitamins/supplements is to nuclear war/guerilla war. Steroids are not something to get involved in, if it was available to everyone, everyone would use it, so it kind of cancels out the effect... leave it alone, be as natural as you can. There are other things available anyway, like Creatine.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Just do it the natural way and eat protein. Eat a lot of cheese, chicken, eggs, banana is also good before working out. Steroids in my opinion is something no one should get into, unless you want random roid rages which everyone appreciates.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Sam Designs wrote:So many athletes are taking steroids to enhance their performance now. I am totally against it, but what are your views on the situation?

Who the hell will love steroids. They are killing the people for improper use. Athletes are not the only people use this.

See we too consumes a lot when we eat broyled chicken. And some of the medicinal pills available too contain steroids.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Unless I wanted to strangle my wife and child in the name of growing some oversized/ugly muscles, I'd lay off of steroids. I don't have respect for athletes that use drugs to help themselves out.

Stick to protein and stuff, damn.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions on Steroids? Empty Steroids

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Steroids are drugs or addictive/strong medications which have an impacting effect on the body. They stimulate the release or excessive release of some chemicals in the body which aide the athletes and help them to perform well. They may help to provide more oxygen or blood to the muscles and increase their productivity or do other things on the body.

Such drugs are banned from any sort of game, and those who are tested positive for steroids are given very strict punishments as it violates the fair play condition.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down