Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running on the water!

+2
jawlk
vgpaat
6 posters

Go down

Running on the water! Empty Running on the water!

Post  vgpaat Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:21 am

Skiing is a favored water sport all over the world. But of all the different kinds of water sports, 'barefooting' is the most fantastic of all. Imagine yourself towed by a speed boat running at approximately 60-80 kph and all that drags you over the water is your barefoot? Sounds like a lot of tickling happens!

vgpaat

Back to top Go down

Running on the water! Empty Re: Running on the water!

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 am

I have tried this when I went to Lake Havasu it's very fun and makes you feel very free. I love the water sliding across my feet as the boat pulls you along at high speeds like 60+ MPH. Another fun one would be to try inter tubing!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 am

My dad has done this a few times, I've saw him do it once or twice and it looks like doing it effectively is pretty hard. Imagine doing that and hitting a rock or brief sand bar or something, that would hurt so bad, wow... I've been tubing behind a boat, never tried this before though.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm

This is quite a nice sport. And this is also very interesting also. We all know that running on the ground is quite so easy, and if we start to run on the sand it become little hard and when the time came for running on the water it become really hard, even if it is hard it is quite nice also. I think sea is the best place to try this water running sport.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 pm

i also think this is also a pretty unique sport. skiing on water does also seems a little bit dangerous..and the speeds your also travelling on can pretty cause some serious damage on your body. also it could be fun though..ive got to try it one day.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Is this some sort of sport that is actually recognized by any league or formal form of competition, or more like one of these hobby sports like hackeysack or something? I just looked up some videos on YouTube about this and it seems pretty interesting, though it also seems kind of dangerous.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:54 pm

I too like this Running / skipping on water sports. I too wanted to play it. But unfortunately i myself pulls off from this. The reason is i fear sea and i cannot risk myself into the ocean. And also i am not a good swimmer considering stamina. But its nice to watch some one do that.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sophia Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

i don't know much about this sport but its really fascinating. Is there some official contests of this game happen or is this game is included in Olympics.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down