Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walk fast!

4 posters

Go down

Walk fast! Empty Walk fast!

Post  vgpaat Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:40 am

Race walking is very different from running! Well, the other foots always needs to be in touch with the ground. Lesser strides are needed. But I guess those things will make one more conscious!

vgpaat

Back to top Go down

Walk fast! Empty Re: Walk fast!

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:49 pm

I saw race walking before on a commercial. It could be a sport than many non-athletic people could take part in and could be good exercise. I have never thought of trying it or have even seen a competition for it before, it seems like a good idea.

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Well, it might be productive for us couch potatoes out there, but I think it's safe to say this will never become a big spectator sport. Laughing Powerwalking has always been around though, is that pretty much what the point of all this amounts to?

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:06 am

I think I stick with regular jogging or running. Speed walking isn't the kind of sport of people who are already physically hit and want to remain healthy. I guess if it's hard for you to jog or run then maybe speed walking is a good way to get back into running again.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum