Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who wants to be hanged???

+2
Cobalt
vgpaat
6 posters

Go down

who wants to be hanged??? Empty who wants to be hanged???

Post  vgpaat Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 am

hang gliding is an air sport in which a pilot flies a light and unmotorized foot-launchable aircraft called a hang glider. The body weight is used to control the aircraft by shifting weight. Isn't it scary to be up there?

vgpaat

Back to top Go down

who wants to be hanged??? Empty Re: who wants to be hanged???

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Can't say it's something I've ever fancied trying. I dislike flying and the thought of being up in the air without any form of power is more than enough to put me off...

I've heard it is an incredible experience though and a real adrenaline rush, just imagine the views you must get up there. For now though, I think I'll stick with sports and activities that involve having both feet firmly on the ground!
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:41 pm

I don't know about hang gliding. I have never really wanted to fly from a giant paper airplane. It doesn't seem like the safest sport or activity in the world either. It depends, I would have to be there in person to make my decision.

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Give me a parachute and I'll try it, otherwise, I'm not being suspended hundreds of feet over the air just a short jerk away from my death just to have a little fun! I've saw some pretty horrible handgliding accidents on RealTV-esque shows, and it looks like it's all a whole lot of fun until something like that happens...

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:11 pm

I would never do it because it looks amazingly unsafe. Same with parachuting. Both seem crazy to me and, like Craig, I've seen some pretty bad accidents occur. Not to say that the accidents turned me away from it, it just looks dangerous to begin with.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 am

I certainly don't want to be hanged but I wouldn't mind hang gliding! Surprised I parachuted out of a plane once and it was the most amazing experience in in the world. Flying though the air without a care. I should definitely try hang gliding as it seems to be the sport for me!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum