Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handball: What a game!

+2
Tinkleheimer
lethalboom
6 posters

Go down

Handball: What a game! Empty Handball: What a game!

Post  lethalboom Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I saw this event in my recent visit to the Beijing Olympics, and it's absolutely amazing. It's like a cross between football and basketball, it's so fast moving, I highly recommend watching a game.

lethalboom

Back to top Go down

Handball: What a game! Empty Re: Handball: What a game!

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Yeah, I saw this and was trying to figure out what was going on. To me, it is a cross between hockey and basketball. It is kind of weird hearing all of the sneaker sounds in a sport besides basketball.

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Handball isn't a bad sport at all, I've played it in gym class at school before. It requires a lot of skill, you don't need to be some incredible athlete to play it, but really creative and have some nice hand-eye coordination. I never knew it was an Olympic sport, either... that's pretty interesting.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Handball is a fun sport to watch because both teams are constantly near one another's goals. Unlike other sports, there's really no mid-fielding, it's just all about solid offense and defense. It looks very demanding as the players have to be running back and forth the entire game.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Ah, handboll as we call it in sweden, its a very popular sport in sweden, our national team is pretty decent, but i dont really watch handball. i remember playing it at my school, it was pretty much i guess..its just hard to throw the ball fast so the goalie cant catch it.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:18 am

I have played handball underwater once with a friend and things got pretty heated! You gotta throw a ball to the bottom of the pool and everyone dives under to go get it. The first one to the ball get's the first chance to make a score, it's up to him!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 am

jawlk wrote:I have played handball underwater once with a friend and things got pretty heated! You gotta throw a ball to the bottom of the pool and everyone dives under to go get it. The first one to the ball get's the first chance to make a score, it's up to him!
Underwater? How do you manage to throw anything under the water? That seems like a strange sport to try to incorporate in underwater play, but I really like water-based sports. Handball really seems like one of those sports that was made up by someone in a schoolyard and then made it big, maybe hackeysack is next. Razz

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down