Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did anyone go?

+2
artagnan1978
lethalboom
6 posters

Go down

Did anyone go? Empty Did anyone go?

Post  lethalboom Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Well, I have just returned from Beijing, where I had a truly amazing time.
We stayed in Beijing, watching the Handball, Rowing, Hockey and Badminton events, before moving to Hong Kong where we saw the Equestrian dressage event.

So, did anyone else go?

lethalboom

Back to top Go down

Did anyone go? Empty Re: Did anyone go?

Post  artagnan1978 Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 am

Well, I didn't go to Beijing... it is far from Europe and it does costs a lot. This year I had other priorities, I had some projects, and the money were just not enough for my projects and for the trip to Beijing.

Anyway, I watched the events on television... I might visit China on an other occasion.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 pm

I didn't, though to be honest it wasn't really something I was all that bothered about. Having said that, somebody I know went and said it was incredible - I guess it just depends on your interests.

I find the athletics good to watch as there's a lot of action, though I can't say I'd enjoy enough of the events to really warrant splashing out.

Then again, next stop is much closer to home so in 2012, who knows...
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 am

No I did not. I feel like actually going all the way to China just to see the Olympics is a waste of time and money. I can just turn of my TV and get plenty of high def live feed of the action going on in the stadium plus awesome commentary about the Olympics.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:34 pm

i too wanted to go to Olympics in china. But unfortunately i cannot. It was a completely different one from the rest of them. Hope i will be in London next time.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm

I'd have loved to, I think Beijing put on one of the best Olympic opening ceremonies ever. Next year London should be good, but if Japan gets the bid for host country in 2016, I am definitely planning to attend. China, Japan, India... Asian countries are just more interesting to me and would make better hosts.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Did anyone go? Empty Did anyone go?

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Even if i didn't go to Olympics i watched every second second of the game. it was soo great i thought. i especially liked the ending ceremony it was fantastic just the engeneering put into that stadium and the lighting of the fire was amazing... they really do go to town Razz

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum