Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to try Skydiving?

4 posters

Go down

Want to try Skydiving? Empty Want to try Skydiving?

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 pm

Has anyone tried or thought about trying skydiving? I am thinking of trying it someday, but I don't know when. You hear the stories all the time about how if your parachute malfunctions, you are dead. But parachutes hardly malfunction. I have heard stories of people taking there 4000th skydive. It really seems safe besides the fact your life depends on a parachute.

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Want to try Skydiving? Empty Re: Want to try Skydiving?

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 pm

I've thought about it, but if I passed away without ever have skydiving, I'll be fine... It's a pretty risky thing, but I'm sure it's just as equally exciting. I'm afraid of heights, but not so much when I'm in a controlled environment and my safety doesn't depend on... me. I can tolerate rollercoaster, maybe even skydiving, but I am far from a tree-climber.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:09 am

Yes! I absolutely love sky diving. I have gone twice on two separate occasions. At first I was scared to try because I didn't want my parachute to fail or anything like that but after trying it I totally had to do it again and flying though the sky is the most feel feeling you will ever have.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 am

jawlk wrote:Yes! I absolutely love sky diving. I have gone twice on two separate occasions. At first I was scared to try because I didn't want my parachute to fail or anything like that but after trying it I totally had to do it again and flying though the sky is the most feel feeling you will ever have.
If you even had a thought that your parachute could fail, that'd be enough for me to call it off... it's not like anything else where it's like... success: live; fail: die, that is way too big of a risk for me to just have a little bit of fun. There's never a guarentee that a parachute is going to work as it should.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm

skydiving sounds really fun but honestly i think also it sounds really scary too.. Sad
i would have to check check and double check my parachute every 10 minutes before i jumped because of all those stories on the news Razz lets just hope im not hated by someone before i jump

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum