Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more?

+2
Craig
Jani
6 posters

Go down

Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more? Empty Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:21 pm

For me, I really don't think much about them. I just click whatever I find interesting.

No matter if it is banner ad or text ad...

I know people think much about it and some people just don't click on anything, they just go and write the URL in browser instead of clicking that ad/link.

What about you?

Jani

Back to top Go down

Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more? Empty Re: Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more?

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, I don't click ads... but if I did, I'm sure I'd be a banner clicker. Text isn't so exciting. Some of these flash banners are actually really clever, convincing people to participate in a game that requires a mouse click and hence getting a click on their ad. Simple bare-text hyperlinking is nearly a think of the past.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more? Empty Re: Banner Ads or Text Ads - What do you click more?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Well the most annoying thing about advertisements is that what they show on the banners/text titles the content of the site is totally different.

It happened with me many times that I clicked a banner but when the site opened it was totally different than what I thought.

Jani

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 am

I try to stay away from ads completely. I have a lot of ad blocking addons in my Firefox browser so most of the time I don't even got the option to click on the ads. Which is good because it's just someone else financially benefiting from your click and buys.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am

tend to stay away from ads completely because i understand why they are there etc... and often the ad is distracting and so it is more of a hinder than a help but whatever is cool... sometimes the ads are actually helpfull and showing me something that i didnt know about and wanted to at some point... but very rarely and i never buy anything from ads

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm glad browsers have advanced enough to put an end to pop-up advertisements... I remember how terrible they were just a few years ago. Pop-ups still exist, but they're now fueled through spyware and stuff like that... at least our internet browsing is safe and free from pop-ups, because they were annoying.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 am

Sometimes forums have those annoying links in the posts and I accidently click those more so I say text ads. But it is ok because I am supporting the website then and know that my click will be one step closer to keeping the site up!!

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:10 pm

i just click what seems to be interesting for me it is banner or text or some thing else i dont care but i think banner is good for advestisement coz from my point of view from banners more and more people come to the add

what u fellows thought???

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down