Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming section?

+3
Aran
Craig
SportsFan429
7 posters

Go down

Gaming section? Empty Gaming section?

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 pm

I know this is a sports forum but do you think we can have a Game section to discuss video games, consoles, and gaming-related hardware?

I think it would make the forum feel more complete and give a wider set of topics to discuss. Smile

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Gaming section? Empty Re: Gaming section?

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Yeah, that'd be cool, I'm sure some people would be up to discussing Madden 09's recent release... or not, actually, considering these forums do not yet harbor a seperate section exclusively for American football. Either way, sports and video games go hand-in-hand.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah im all in for a gaming section, theres so much to discuss about, like future sports games, games in general, and consoles and other good stuff. i agree with sportsfan, it would give us a wider range of topics to discuss about, and i also agree with craig, sports and video games is like batman and robin.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 am

Yeah there should be a Sports Video Game section. I made a mention of the Fifa series of football games under the football forum but there really should be some kind of video game forum that I can post under. I mean sports go hand in hand with these amazing new sports video games nowadays.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 am

Sports-based gaming has become extremely competitive, too, nearly as competitive as the sport itself. People get so serious over their Madden, there are thousands of dollars for the best player and there have been shows on TV showing all of this off, Madden Nation I believe it's called. Online play has really elevated sports gaming.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 am

a gaming section would be ace but this is a sports forum not a gaming forum and thats what it would end up being Sad
people come here looking for sports news etc not whats the newest console or pc game and how does it rate... i think a bit of a silly idea personally

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:22 pm

zxlewi wrote:a gaming section would be ace but this is a sports forum not a gaming forum and thats what it would end up being Sad
people come here looking for sports news etc not whats the newest console or pc game and how does it rate... i think a bit of a silly idea personally

The gaming forum could be part of the off topic sections, such as movies, music, jokes, etc. Those aren't really about sports at all either.

It would also give life to the forums, as I'm sure many of us here are gamers.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:30 pm

SportsFan429 wrote:
zxlewi wrote:a gaming section would be ace but this is a sports forum not a gaming forum and thats what it would end up being Sad

The gaming forum could be part of the off topic sections, such as movies, music, jokes, etc. Those aren't really about sports at all either.

I also agree with what is said here, gaming is just as important to the public as movies and music, it's just another part of some peoples' everyday lives. It kind of seems like, for some games, simple gaming is it's own sport anyway. I know some people get really serious about games like Counter Strike.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:56 pm

Craig wrote:
SportsFan429 wrote:

I also agree with what is said here, gaming is just as important to the public as movies and music, it's just another part of some peoples' everyday lives. It kind of seems like, for some games, simple gaming is it's own sport anyway. I know some people get really serious about games like Counter Strike.

I play Counter Strike too and its very competitive, more than some real sports too. As SportsFan said we could just make it off topic like the other sections, people will use it alot. Im sure people have a lot to say about them...

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:23 am

urrrm after reading your replies maybe there should be a gaming section (sorry sound like im in charge here lool). It would increase people to the forums but then marketing would need to be very good to keep the levels of sport talk up rather than in the other topics as sport is a more defined niche.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BoSoxFan Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:40 am

Yes, indeed a gaming section for sports related video game section would be a great addition to this allready great forum.

BoSoxFan

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:50 am

yes offcource in my opinion
this forums needs to be updated with all the entertainment coz we are here to take some entertainment talk with people and just entertain so i think that videos or gaming section is essential

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down