Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia thrash Bangladesh

3 posters

Go down

Australia thrash Bangladesh Empty Australia thrash Bangladesh

Post  kunal Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Australia yesterday crushed bangladesh by 180 runs in australia. The Australians weren't even at their full strength because andrew symonds was not played due to indiscipline, and even then they bashed the bangladeshi's like they were some club side.

Can the supremacy of the Australians ever be challenged?

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Australia thrash Bangladesh Empty Re: Australia thrash Bangladesh

Post  Ratchet Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:03 pm

The supremacy of Australia can be challenged of course. A good contender for challenging the Australians would be the Indians, who'm have put up great matches against the Aussies. So i would not be surprised if India one day overtook Australia. The Indians also know how the Australians play and quite a few of their strategies.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Unfortunately you can't take all that much from anybody beating Bangladesh. Though they have improved immensely since they began taking part Internationally, they are still a long way from where they need to be to challenge teams regularly and start winning series.

Australia are the team to beat at the moment and have been for probably more than a decade now. England won't win the ashes so beyond that, I can't see anybody seriously challenging them for perhaps another year or two. I think that India or Sri Lanka have as good a chance as anyone with their varied bowling attacks - Whilst the Australian attack is still potent, a big hole was created when Warne retired which they are yet to even try to fill.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down