Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andorra v England

5 posters

Go down

Andorra v England Empty Andorra v England

Post  Cobalt Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Any predictions ahead of this evenings match? I'm going for a rather uninspiring 1-1 draw. With one or two players out through injury, the somewhat surprising omission of Owen and a complete lack of togetherness and team spirit, I can't see England getting a result tonight in all honesty.

I really do hope they prove me wrong but watching England over the last few years has been nothing short of painful. It's not for a lack of talent, there are just too many individuals in the team. I'd hoped that Capello was going to turn things around in the England camp and whilst he's made some bold decisions, he's still got a lot of work to do.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Andorra v England Empty Re: Andorra v England

Post  Arctic Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Very disappointing game. We dominated all game but didn't really look like scoring against this amateur team. Luckily for us Cole came to our rescue.

Things need to be changed next match, Cole has to start and I would not start Defoe.

Hopefully we can get a draw in Croatia, that would be a good result.
Arctic
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  spurs@heart Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm

England were shocking against Andorra, however the Andorans got their tactics right to a certain extent and got all players behind the ball making it hard for England. Croatia will be a completely different challenge. I reckon we will need to be strong defensively, hit hard on the counter attack - and do what we haven't seen for years and see some creative work upfront and in midfield...
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm

I got the score wrong but I don't think I was all that far off with my prediction that England would be uninspiring. Once again we delivered a lacklustre performance against a team of, let's face it, part-timers. Yes, they played well and their tactics of flooding the defence and midfield were spot on. However, we still should have been more than capable of putting four or five past them, yet we again had to rely on Joe Cole to get us out of jail and save us from total and utter embarrassment.

Despite Capello's claims that England played well for periods - Was he watching the same game as the rest of us? - we are a long, long way from being a serious contender for European or World silverware.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  spurs@heart Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 am

haha it's not often i agree with an Arsenal fan but we should be capable of breaking down a team of part timers and scoring 4 or 5 minimum. But we have no creativity showing and with that problem we won't be winning anything soon.
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:02 pm

What about that Croatia result!!! Amazing from England, haven't seem them play that well for a while.
Arctic
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintjersey Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Arctic wrote:What about that Croatia result!!! Amazing from England, haven't seem them play that well for a while.

I agree, the last time I saw England play like that was probably the 5-1 against Germany. Hopefully we will keep that level of performance up, for the rest of the games. I don't want it to be just a one off.
Saintjersey
Saintjersey
Admin

https://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  elhou77 Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:13 pm

nice

elhou77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content