Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada?

+6
bhushna22
balwinder
nareshshah2008
spurs@heart
Saintjersey
reloadit
10 posters

Go down

Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada? Empty Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada?

Post  reloadit Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:09 am

Title Says It All.
I Need To Know.
The Sport Sounds Real Fun & I Would Love To Try It.

Thanks, Very Happy
reloadit
reloadit

Back to top Go down

Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada? Empty Re: Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada?

Post  Saintjersey Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 am

It's more popular now, Canada had a team competing at the World Cup. Hopefully cricket can become more worldwide like football is. Very Happy
Saintjersey
Saintjersey
Admin

https://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada? Empty Re: Why Is There Not Much Cricket In Canada?

Post  spurs@heart Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 am

Do Canada have a football (soccer) team?
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  reloadit Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 am

Yes, We Do.
Toronto FS.
Look Them Up.
Real Good Team.

Thanks,
reloadit
reloadit

Back to top Go down

Post  spurs@heart Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:24 am

What about an International team?
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintjersey Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:30 am

spurs@heart wrote:What about an International team?

Yeah they have Tomasz Radzinski, Paul Stalteri and Julian de Guzman. Very Happy
Saintjersey
Saintjersey
Admin

https://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  spurs@heart Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 am

oh yeah course they do - Stalteri the Tottenham hero against West Ham lol. What a legend!
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  nareshshah2008 Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:11 pm

i think the weather might be a factor.

nareshshah2008

http://www.webmastersheaven.net

Back to top Go down

Post  balwinder Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 pm

I know Canada has a team but isnt very good. And i live in canada and i never play here either. I only play when i visit india.

balwinder

Back to top Go down

Post  bhushna22 Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:50 am

Canada played in the World Cup series and did good there played very good doing their debut game there. Unlucky they did not win any match but does not matter even India lost most of the matches so not to worry at all.

bhushna22

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 am

I think because of the population and of the weather , its not much popular there , but i see a bright future of cricket in Canada lets hope for the best

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:31 am

I just think it has to do with the certain sports played and the amount of popularity, that being said cricket isn't your typical sport and thus harder for it to become more popular in such places in North America like Canada, they have they set groups of teams but noting major.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm

May be Canada government is not showing any interest but since this country have good amount of Asian people so sooner or later this game will get the popularity. But however if they want to make it popular than they have to hire top Indian Batsmen in their local clubs like county cricket in England.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:37 pm

i think the government of canada should take a step for doing some thing about canadian cricket team
another reason is the interest as most of the people in canada they dont have any interest in cricket

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down