Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you think this event will go on peacefully?

+7
BuckBuck
corleone
ladycallie
gscs
Valcer
Sam Designs
nareshshah2008
11 posters

Go down

do you think this event will go on peacefully? Empty do you think this event will go on peacefully?

Post  nareshshah2008 Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm

after seeing protests of tibetian people and recent terrorists attack in india, they might have increased security, Lets hope that everthing wents peacefully.

nareshshah2008

http://www.webmastersheaven.net

Back to top Go down

do you think this event will go on peacefully? Empty Re: do you think this event will go on peacefully?

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Most of the time, Olympics seem to go smoothly. Even with Hitler's rule over Germany, the 1936 Berlin Olympics went fine. But things have escalated now, with more terrorist groups.

I hope it goes well.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

do you think this event will go on peacefully? Empty Re: do you think this event will go on peacefully?

Post  Valcer Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't think China are really a target for the Muslim terrorist groups, as they haven't been actively supporting the USA. There are a few dodgy separatist groups, but hopefully they'll be suppressed.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  gscs Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm

I hope everything go peacefully. Let's PRAY. PEACE I love you
Btw, the incident just happened In kunming, the capital city of Yunnan province, two bus-bomb attacks happened within an hour. Very strange?
Hopefully that two bus explosions in Kunming are linked to terrorist attacks or aimed at next month’s Beijing Olympics.
gscs
gscs

http://www.walletboosters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 pm

I definitely hope nothing happens during that time. The Olympics are time when the whole world can gather and be united by things they have in common. It would break my heart if anything terrible happened. Sad

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:28 pm

What really won't help is, if something does happen, some loud-mouth western 'music legend' starts making comments saying China deserved it, and all that. It's amazing how many people know nothing about Tibet yet feel entitled to voice their opinion on the issue.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Surely the Chinese government have done a lot of security and safety measure to prevent something bad to happen during that games. Hopefully all event during the Olympic 2008 Games are going well.

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckBuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Tibetian people need to STFU for while and let the games begin. I hope everything will go smooth. You can never be sure, but in my opinion everything will be fine.
BuckBuck
BuckBuck

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm

it doesnt really matter if it goes smoothly or not, as china control all the coverage anyway - they will moot things down even if something does happen, also, have you seen the footage of the anti-terrorist squad taking down a bus in a practice session ?
china isnt relying on police to secure the Olympics, its relying on the ARMY !
im sure someone will try to do something, but the Chinese will be in control, thats what they are all about.
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:31 am

I don't think there's going to be any problems during the actual events. But there is always weird things going on during the night or the after hours of the Olympics. I remember hearing about this story about how some Chinese shop owner killed one of the American finalists fathers.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:58 pm

ummm... Fortunately this event had gone peacefully (maybe unfortunatly for some people lol). But lot of people was beaten up before the event itself. China is ruling the country like its old times. Embarassed Communism is their nation (sorry all you chinese reading this)

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:34 am

my post for this thread is late.but v all know that china is a peaceful country so v can not expect any hindrance in olympics to be held in china if v see it fro the security point of view.we can see how well china held this olympics copetition

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down