Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland

3 posters

Go down

Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland Empty Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland

Post  localhost8080 Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:02 pm

I wish there was such a tournament. like a mini champions league, but between the top two teams from england, scotland, ireland (the republic and northern) and wales. the english teams would probably win, but itd be a fantastic event to attend and it'd generate a bucketload of money for all the teams =)
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland Empty Re: Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:57 am

There are already so many different kinds of leagues and professional tournaments we don't really need to see any new ones created. But hey it's always fun to imagine, I mean this could be possible if there was some financial gain or some type of cause to get a bunch of teams together for a special tournament.

Last edited by jawlk on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland Empty Re: Club competitions between scotland, england, northern ireland, wales and republic of ireland

Post  Nostromo Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:39 am

A cup perhaps, but I think that a league would be too biased towards the top English teams. No disrespect to the teams from Scotland, Wales or Ireland, but the top Premier League teams are far better - thanks to money, of course - and over a season of matches would no doubt come out on top nine times out of ten.

A cup would entail fewer matches hence taking the pressure off an already very crowded timetable but as we all know, every dog has its day and who knows, maybe there could be a shock result or two. That's what I love about the Carling Cup - Top teams say they aren't interested and field weakened sides, but on occasions these "weaker sides" have still been a class apart on paper and come out on the end of a scrappy defeat.

Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down