Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain KP

+5
lalit7552
jawlk
Cobalt
ammarmemon
spurs@heart
9 posters

Go down

Captain KP Empty Captain KP

Post  spurs@heart Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:31 pm

I think it's a great opportunity for Kevin Pietersen. We know that his batting at times can be magnificent - but maturity can occasionally be his downfall. I think captaincy will make him see the bigger picture and make him one of England's greatest all time players!
spurs@heart
spurs@heart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Captain KP Empty Re: Captain KP

Post  ammarmemon Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah spurs@heart.I totally agree with u that Kevin Pieterson had some experience with his batting and now as a captain of such a great side will bring him maturity and will give him alot of confidence.

ammarmemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Though he claims he will play as he always has done, I don't think that he will. I do hope that he maintains an attacking mentality - That's what works for him and it gets under the skin of opposition which is why he is so good. However, I do hope that the extra burden of responsibility on his shoulders will reflect on how he plays. He can quickly take the momentum away from the opposition, though what he needs to learn is how to dig deep when it's really required.

I'm hoping he'll be similar to Ricky Ponting - A good, attacking captain who's batting has improved as a result. He's got a lot to learn and he will make mistakes, but I hope he's the positive influence up front England need.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:59 am

Kevin Pietersens maturity has nothing to do with it, I would have to say it's move over his temper. Kevin Pietersen can get quite hot headed and times and make a fool out of himself to others on the cricket field. But he's still a darn good player and that shouldn't be forgotten!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Lets see how he perform after being a captain. Because this is very much true that all players can not perform their natural game after got the captaincy job and Sachin Tendulkar is live example of it.

But however best of luck to KP I hope he will be mentally tough and can handle every kind pf pressure.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:05 pm

I think it is a great opportunity for him to prove himself as a leader. As we all know about his capabilities in the batting. I think England is going on a tough condition and i am sure that K V has the ability to do so. Because he has the ability to do so and i am sure that England will reach new height under his captency.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Kevin pieterson is a good player he is however a little inexperienced for this maybe a senior player such as flintoff would be better in my opinion

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm

KP is one of the great batsman of current cricket , He proves himself as best test and Onedayer players & i think he will prove and provide much more big games & events as a winning captain for England then others.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:38 pm

I think Kevin Pietersen will make a great captain. He has proved to be the mainstay of the English lineup for a few years now, and has given some stellar performances. He has a really smart cricketing brain, and I think he will do wonders for the inconsistent English lineup.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down