Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many toolbars you have installed?

+4
Craig
SportsFan429
Aran
Jani
8 posters

Go down

How many toolbars you have installed? Empty How many toolbars you have installed?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm

I have only two extra toolbars installed in my browser, I actually don't like any extra toolbar in there

1. Google toolbar

2. Stumbleupon toolbar

I have minimized them so that they don't take much space on the page.

How many toolbars you have got?

Jani

Back to top Go down

How many toolbars you have installed? Empty Re: How many toolbars you have installed?

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm

I have none, i always see toolbars as like, "spyware" for some reason. Theres no need to have it in my opinion. Everytime i install a program and it asks if id like a toolbar, i always reject it. i dunno why people bother having toolbars, it just makes your explorer look more crowdy and stuff.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

How many toolbars you have installed? Empty Re: How many toolbars you have installed?

Post  SportsFan429 Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Zero. I find them unattractive and see toolbars on the same level as spyware and adware. Very annoying, specially when you forget to un-select the "ADD THIS TOOLBAR LOL" option on installers then start up Firefox just to see "DAEMON TOOLS SEARCH BAR!!!".

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:53 pm

I don't have any on IE, but I have this annoying ICQ Search toolbar on Firefox that I don't really know how to get rid of... They are all pretty useless, they bog down the cosmetics of a browser and just make things seem less sleek and comfortable. Google Toolbar is really annoying.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 am

All I need is a clean install of Firefox with a few pro addons. Toolbars are not good for your PC, they just contibute to less page and more lag. Besides some toolbars are adware and track cookies and report back to their mothersite with data about you.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 am

i do not care to install toolbars which do this and thats. In certain browsers like Microsoft's internet explorer, these extra toolbars are really a overhead since they will eat the memory and the space much more. And most of them are not that much useful.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lorelei Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

At one moment I used to have many toolbars installed by my mistake and so I had to delete them. now I have the google toolbars, the yahoo toolbars, the winamp toolbars and the toolbars from a radio station that I listen on line. maybe I will delete some of them again Suspect

lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 am

i just have installed google toolbar and cricinfo toolbar
coz i just want to check all the updates of cricket coz i am very crazy about cricket
and i dont want to miss a single match of cricket so just coz of this I use cricinfo & google toolbar.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down