Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras

+6
localhost8080
Valcer
corleone
Sam Designs
Saintjersey
artagnan1978
10 posters

Go down

Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras Empty Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras

Post  artagnan1978 Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm

I am just curious about your opinions regarding these two legends of modern tennis. Which one of them were your favorites and why?

My favorite is - was without any questions Andrea Agassi. I liked his style and his play. He was a tremendous player, capable of defeating anybody... I like to compare him sometimes with the snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan. There is a resemblance in their character I think.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras Empty Re: Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras

Post  Saintjersey Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:02 pm

I prefer Agassi to Sampras as well. It was probably down to the fact that Sampras always seemed to wreck Henman's hopes at events though. lol!
Saintjersey
Saintjersey
Admin

https://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Saintjersey wrote:I prefer Agassi to Sampras as well. It was probably down to the fact that Sampras always seemed to wreck Henman's hopes at events though. lol!

Another Agassi fan! I like that! Too bad that Agassi - as well as Sampras too - has retired with some time ago. Sometimes I feel that tennis is just not the same without him.

There are new, talented and wonderful young players out there but I don't see in them the same determination and the spirit as Agassi had.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Designs Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 pm

I always remember hearing about Agassi when I was a kid. But when I really got into watching wimbledon and other grand slams, he had retired. I've watched a few of his games and his style of tennis was unforgettable. A great player.

Sam Designs

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:36 pm

For me. I will go for Pete Sampras. I think he such a good tenis player. He played with his style and I admire him so much.

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Sam Designs wrote:I always remember hearing about Agassi when I was a kid. But when I really got into watching wimbledon and other grand slams, he had retired. I've watched a few of his games and his style of tennis was unforgettable. A great player.

I was fortunate enough to see Agassi play, as well as Sampras...

I remember a great match between them, a grand slam - Roland Garros - if I am not mistaken, the final of the Roland Garos... wow.. it was I guess the match of their life. Long time since I saw such a real tennis!
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Agassi only started to dominate once Sampras had gone, which speaks volumes I think. Sampras was a master at the serve-volley game, and won Wimbledon 7 times in 8 years or something like that?

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:36 am

agassi =)
though id love to see agassi vs nadal or federer
or agassi + samprass vs nadal + federer

or both the williams sisters vs federer
that would be an amaising game
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:07 pm

I preferred Agassi's style of play and I felt that there was more of a personality behind the face, if you get what I mean.

That said, Sampras was a superb player and on his day really was truly unbeatable, though for the same reason as many others here I'm not sure I can favour him due to him single handedly destroying the hopes of many a British tennis fan!
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:36 am

Well from the pick of the two I would have to go with Andre Agassi since he's a player who won eight Grand Slam singles tournaments and an Olympic gold. Anyone who can win 8 grand slams is okay in my book! Man this makes me so hungry I gotta go to Denny's!
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 pm

I think this question is not valid at all because both stayed in number one position for a quite long time. And both are having their on style of play. And both of them approached the game with quite seriousness. Any way both these legends retired from the game and for this reason also I think that this question is not valid at all. Because both these players are great entertainer as well as legends in the field of tennis.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Andre Agassi or Pete Sampras Empty Pete Sampras.

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Pete Sampras was one of the best players tennis could offer. He has won fourteen grand slams and was the world number one for a record period of time. He has won seven wimbledon singles titles , five US Open titles and two australian open titles.

He is far more better than Andre Agassi, in his performance. Agassi was a great player but not as consistent a Sampras at the highest level.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down