Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheva heads back to AC Milan

4 posters

Go down

Sheva heads back to AC Milan Empty Sheva heads back to AC Milan

Post  Sims2 Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:35 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7573135.stm

Was certainly the biggest transfer flop in Chelsea's history, and worldwide... Well certainly up there with the Mendieta flop. Was a shame though we didn't get to see him in his prime though, however he did score some important goals for us in the limited time that he has been here. Seems like AC's chairman has bought the player though, rather than the AC Manager and Carlo and Shevchenko have never been best of friends...

Sims2

Back to top Go down

Sheva heads back to AC Milan Empty Re: Sheva heads back to AC Milan

Post  JAysmine Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 am

That was a really interesting read, I love it when people post information tidbits like that. Reading the entire article I can see that I pretty much agree with you. Thank you so much for posting such a great read!

JAysmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:18 am

He never quite slotted in with Chelsea - I think he was another purchase made on form and name rather than on his credentials to fit into the team. It's been said time and time again that you can't just have a squad of world-class players - There's got to be some team spirit, some togetherness. Without that, top players can very quickly find themselves out in the cold both on and off the pitch as with Shevchenko.

Best of luck to him at AC Milan, at least he won't be scoring any more goals against us this season.

Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 am

Shevchenko began his career at Dynamo Kiev, winning five league titles and two national cups with the team between 1994-99. Shevchenko definitely has a legend behind him, biggest flop in Chelseas history, I'm not sure about that, I think Chelsea has had worse.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down