Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Boxing at high level

+3
Aran
Craig
lalit7552
7 posters

Go down

Indian Boxing at high level Empty Indian Boxing at high level

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:39 pm

In Beijing 2008, Indian boxing was at high level and also bring a Bronze Medal by Vijender Kumar. Three Indian Boxer qualitfied to the quarterfinal under the different category but two of them lost and once grab the Bronze medal for his country.

Now we are looking forward for the next Olympic where they will perform much better and this time will bring Gold.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Indian Boxing at high level Empty Re: Indian Boxing at high level

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Boxing in the Olympics has really lost it's allure, it felt like. The boxers from India really did step up their game this year and perform very well for their country, although I think the sport is going to need a lot more than that going it's way to become another dominant sport in the 2012 Olympics.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:13 pm

It's great to see India broaden their sports and get a bronze in boxing. I just have one question, was cricket present in the Olympics? If so, did India win it? I heard that India usually wins cricket matches and is one of the top teams in the world. Please get back to me on this one, i'd really like to know.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:14 am

Honestly I'm astonished to see how the Indian people managed to get a bronze in boxing. I'd expect so many other counties bull dog players to just destroy India in the boxing league. But I guess these cricket players can manage to pack quite a punch.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 pm

yeah, really they did more than they usually do which i am very impressed at. India is famous for fighters and martial artists for 5000 years (that is a long time). So this we can expect from them. Smile Oh yea go india Razz

Craig wrote:Boxing in the Olympics has really lost it's allure, it felt like. The boxers from India really did step up their game this year and perform very well for their country, although I think the sport is going to need a lot more than that going it's way to become another dominant sport in the 2012 Olympics.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Indian Boxing at high level Empty Indian Boxing at high level

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Vigendra Kumar. One of the upcoming star in the boxing ring . Even though he missed to gain the silver but he proved that if he can get some more attention from the part of the government , I am sure that he will get a gold instad of this bronze in the Londen Olympics. And this is also an encouragement for the youngsters, and he give the hope to the Indians that " We can also perform" .

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm

In Boxing india has so many energetic players.in Beijing 2008they proved the thing.

In Beijing 2008, Indian boxing was at high level and also bring a Bronze Medal by Vijender Kumar. Three Indian Boxer qualitfied to the quarterfinal under the different category but two of them lost and once grab the Bronze medal for his country.

Now we are looking forward for the next Olympic where they will perform much better and this time will bring Gold.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Indian Boxing at high level Empty Indian Boxing

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:35 am

I am really amazed upon seeing the performance of Indian Boxers in the olympics this year. I mean, all of them are not from very well off families, and many of them used to work, besides practicing for the sport. Also the facilities here are not as good as the facilities provided in other countries. The boxers have surely shown their mettle, and proved that if there's a will, there's surely a way.

All their hard work, and practice helped them to reach this far in olympics. The passion of the sport in their spirits is surely commendable.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:19 pm

i just agree to you all
but as you all see that in indian people just love cricket as they worship cricket so in my opinion i think that in the future
there is only cricket and cricket in india only nothing else

what u guys think????

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:52 pm

You are right about that, but things are changing. Earlier only cricket was given emphasis but with the great performance shown by other athletes in the olympics, the eyes of the administrators has been opened, and other games are getting a lot of attention now. State bodies are earmarking more for other sports, and I think this is a great step forward.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down