Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times

+2
zxlewi
lalit7552
6 posters

Go down

Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times Empty Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:07 pm

At one time West Indies was the most strong team and every batsman was scared from their sheer pace. They have also opening batsmen like Gorden and Desmond Haynes. But I do not know what happen to them now they are looking a very common team without proper guidance.

I do not know what is the reason but this is really bad when a great team is dying in this fashion.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times Empty Re: Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm

At the beginning stage of the cricket there was only west indes. They where like the king in the world of cricket. And they also won 2 world cup continuously but after that the glory of team almost ends. And west Indies is known for their fast bowlers. Still they have a quite a few. But now I am thinking that they trying their level best to come back to the top of cricket.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times Empty Re: Why West Indies lost their all glory in recent times

Post  Cobalt Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Like all teams throughout history, the West Indies have had peaks and troughs. For as long as there has been International cricket there has been competition to be the best in the world. At one time, it was practically England and Australia with few other countries even playing cricket, never mind competing.

The playing field has levelled out over the last few decades and there have been some fiersome teams from New Zealand, West Indies and South Africa in that time. However, great players don't grow on trees which is why the West Indies are struggling - Unfortunately, they don't have many truely world-class players in the side. Having said that, in ten years time they could have another Haynes or Gordon opening the batting and a Marshall or a Roberts opening the bowling - That just depends on how well they nurture talent at grass roots. They are a nation deeply in love with cricket, so I doubt they'll go for too many more years simply being cannon fodder for the top teams.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:03 pm

west indies was indeed a great team before the other teams would have run rate of only about 3 per over when playing against west indies but now it appears when the senior players are gone the team has lost its momentum New players dont have the skill to make it a top level team

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Well, with stalwarts like Brian Lara gone, I don't think too many youngsters have come up to fill the ranks. Also, I don't think cricket is as well funded in the Caribbean as it was before. Recently I think we had the controversy of the players demanding higher fees? Just shows where their focus is.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:02 pm

In 80's West Indies become known Black wind storm in sub-continantal & they have players like Sir Vaven Richard , Michal Holding , Marshal , Hense etc after that they only get few batsmens but in bowling field they could't find bowler like Holding , Walsh & Ambrose & other fact is the intrest of people change from Cricket to Basket Ball which also effected on their player.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down