Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to promote a forum?

+4
Aran
Craig
zxlewi
Jani
8 posters

Go down

How to promote a forum? Empty How to promote a forum?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm

There are many forums coming up daily... People (like me) think that running a forum is very easy, but after launching my own forum (www.smsbucket.com/forums) I found it very hard.

I mean you can promote your forum heavily and get the people registered but you can't tell for sure that all your registered members will be permanent posters.

What techniques would you suggest me to promote my forum?

Thanks

Jani

Back to top Go down

How to promote a forum? Empty Re: How to promote a forum?

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 am

to promote a forum i suggest you hire someone like me Razz
loool
well that and just join other forums and tell em about your site either with a topic or a sig... they give the best members as they are active and like forums.... also provide keyphrase rich words in your forums so you get to the top of google Smile
hope this helps

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Just advertise, go to as many other forums related to yours that allow advertising and post your link, use signatures effectively, stuff like that. There are services you can pay for to get you traffic also, once you have a good base of traffic others seem to swim into the flow and everything begins to work out.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:45 am

Tell as many people as you know because word of mouth is a very effective way to spread it. I remember when gmail first came out, it was invitation only yet so many people had it, showing that word of mouth is very effective.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:46 am

Aran wrote:Tell as many people as you know because word of mouth is a very effective way to spread it. I remember when gmail first came out, it was invitation only yet so many people had it, showing that word of mouth is very effective.

Don't forget Maddox.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 am

SportsFan429 wrote:
Aran wrote:Tell as many people as you know because word of mouth is a very effective way to spread it. I remember when gmail first came out, it was invitation only yet so many people had it, showing that word of mouth is very effective.

Don't forget Maddox.

I love maddox he is so funny!! But yeah his website had 0 advertising and was only word of mouth yet his website is so popular. It has hundreds of thousands of hits yet he does not spend any money trying to get people to go to it. Very cool!

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:58 am

Yeah, Maddox is pretty funny. A lot of the largest internet communities get such a great amount of hits because followers of the site's views feel as if they are exclusive for being part of a website that is not publicly advertised. 4chan is a pretty good example, it's nearly a cult following, but you don't hear so much about it.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Mclaren MP4-20 Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:28 pm

when i started My forum , i've tried to go to some Blogs and write some comments using my forum url Smile , but having a Motorsport Forums isn't easy to get traffic Rolling Eyes .

Then youtube is A great idea to get traffic , i started uploading videos and got many views 10,000 For 1 video Very Happy and now my Forum is Famous Cool .

The best way is :
-Directory submission
-using SEO
-Google Adwords
-Blog comments
-Forum posts with your Forum url

Mclaren MP4-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lorelei Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm

I see that many people who have forums hire people to post on their forums...
other methods would be a good SEO. you also have to be sure that the forum is easy to be found on google. I used to have a forum but it was dedicated to a musician and it wasn`t too hard to promote it since I knew lots of fans of that singer.

lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 pm

In my opinion i think that u should take some things from other forums means their style and do with your forum
or u should advertise your forum in more traffic sites or other forums to improve your forum speed and quality.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down