Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS?

+5
Craig
zxlewi
jawlk
Aran
Jani
9 posters

Go down

What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS? Empty What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm

In Pakistan, calls are a little bit expensive and comparing to them sms are very cheap. We prefer communicating via sms instead of calls.

But I have heard that in USA people just make a call and communicate, they don't like typing sms on such a small mobile.

what about you?

Jani

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS? Empty Re: What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS?

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm

I'd prefer sending SMS's, because in sweden for example we have this thing called Comviq, and if someone else has comviq you can send free sms's, so yeah i hate calling people just to say that extra cent or whatever. But also calling is pretty cheap aswell, but i believe its faster to just call someone instead of spending the extra 5 minutes to sms.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS? Empty Re: What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS?

Post  Jani Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm

If you prefer sending sms then you must visit my site www.smsbucket.com, you will find lots of mobile sms collection there.

Would you like to share what that COMVIQ thing actually is?

is it some kind of package that mobile network operator provides?

Jani

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 am

I prefer to talking to people over the phone but sometimes it's a hassle in certain situations and it's better to just send a text message so the person on the other end can read it when they have time and send you text back. That way people aren't playing phone tag all the time and racking up missed calls.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 am

personally i prefer talking because sms is so unpredictable and honestly you wait forever for a reply unless they are the kinda person who checks their phone every 2 minutes Razz
besides that if you talk fast you can actually say more in a phone call however sms is sometimes good if im busy... depends what im doing really... txt flirting is fun Razz

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:50 pm

I'd rather just send an SMS, in some situations it's awkward to talk on the phone or sometimes maybe you just don't feel like it or need more thought before going ahead and acting so quickly to spew something out of your mouth. I can handle talking on the phone, but SMS is a very good alternative method.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm

I rather call, instead of sending SMS. Most of the times I am just not in the mood to write a text message on the phone. I prefer to call and say what I want to say. I am everything but not an SMS fan.

It would be cheaper to send and SMS, rather than calling... but the difference is not that high.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  SportsFan429 Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Depends on how much I have to say. I usually call because SMS'ing takes a while and bad habits from the computer carry on...such as never shuting the hell up.

However, like Craig said, sometimes calling is a bit awkward.

SportsFan429

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:56 pm

That is according to the situation and our need. If its a simple message that have to be send, then i prefer the sms, else i prefer to cal and talk to him. Else it will be better to cal. And some times it will be better to send sms and not talk with some people some time. Cool

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 pm

yea she is right that it depends on situatioon if it is an urgent matter than i just make a call with the person other wise i just used sms to communicate and to say hi how are you things like that and just when i am free i just sms my friends and say hello to them

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer - A call or sending a SMS? Empty Call or SMS

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:44 pm

I prefer call over SMS. I have taken a plan on which Local calls are cheaper than Local SMS. Also it is very irritating to send SMS's to people from my cells useless keypad. It takes only 10 seconds to speak whatever you have sent in an SMS. Also I prefer talking to people rather than conversing through SMS's. But sometimes, when I am in a meeting, when I cant attend calls, SMSing is the only option if I want to deliver an urgent message.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down