Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

petersen aims to win series 5-0

2 posters

Go down

petersen aims to win series 5-0 Empty petersen aims to win series 5-0

Post  kunal Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:43 pm

Kevin Petersen, the new England captain has reiterated that their side aims to win the current ODI series against South Africa 5-0, whitewashing them completely. He admits that this will be a tall order, and will be very tough to do as the proteans are a tough side, but says his side has the self belief to achieve it.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

petersen aims to win series 5-0 Empty Re: petersen aims to win series 5-0

Post  Cobalt Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:33 pm

Four down, one to go - Today's game was a little scrappy in my opinion, though that doesn't really detract from the victory too much. The rain cut the game down to 39 overs, then to 33 before further rain gave England a revised D/L target off 20 overs.

England chased it down quite comfortably after a shaky start, and with Pietersen, Shah, Flintoff and Patel looking very good with the bat, I'd favour us going into the last game of the series and clinching the whitewash. South Africa played better today, though they still look a long way off the supposedly second best ODI team in the world.

England have played the best one day cricket I've seen by them in years - It's attacking and creative, no doubt assisted by the abundance of Twenty20 cricket, and I hope we can continue this form and take some of our aggression into test cricket.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down