Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour de France

+6
jawlk
localhost8080
corleone
Valcer
gscs
artagnan1978
10 posters

Go down

Tour de France Empty Tour de France

Post  artagnan1978 Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Yes, I know what are you thinking... why starting this thread when the Tour of France - 2008 is about to be over today...

Still, I think there is a lot to discuss about the main cycling tour of the year, the Tour of France.

I have to say, that I like cycling a lot, specially the Tour of France. It is an exceptional race!

I have started watching le tour a few years back, at the time when Miguel Indurrain was the King of the Tour! Those were some days.

I enjoyed very much the "era of Lance Armstrong" as well, as he dominated the tour year after year.

So, let's hear your opinions about the Tour of France, the riders, the teams, the scandals that surrounds the tour, because of the riders and the team not playing fair, and using forbidden substances to increase their performance!
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Tour de France Empty Re: Tour de France

Post  gscs Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 am

Actually I am seldom watch cycling from the TV and this sport not popular in our country too. So, as a country citizen, we really have limited chances to experience it. Laughing

But recently read the news about the doping issue? Remember Pantani? Do cycling’s authorities and fans accept cheats as a part of the culture?
gscs
gscs

http://www.walletboosters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Don't have much useful to contribute here, but I remember having to do a presentation on Lance Armstrong in front of a class a few years ago. Except I hadn't written down his name, so I went home and looked up Louis Armstrong. Luckily my partner corrected me...

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  corleone Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Have you seen Carlos? HE is from Spain. He won the Tour de France for sixth consecutive years. It was unbelievable. Overall record shows that team from Spain have won the tournament for 14 consecutive years.

corleone

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm

tour de france is cool, ive always wanted to do it, ive also wanted to cycle around the world, the record is 80 days i think, so id want to try to beat the world record =) that would be really cool!!
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 pm

corleone wrote:Have you seen Carlos? HE is from Spain. He won the Tour de France for sixth consecutive years. It was unbelievable. Overall record shows that team from Spain have won the tournament for 14 consecutive years.

About what Carlos are you talking about? Because I have never heard of anyone called Carlos, winning the Tour de France for six consecutive years.

Lance Armstrong won the Tour several consecutive years, Miguel Indurain too, and others... but Carlos?

Please lighten me up in this matter, because I really don't know whom you are talking about!
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  localhost8080 Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Miguel Indurain i have heard of =)
the last guy to win it was Carlos Sastere (i think thats how you spell it) the spannish guy from team CSC
but he has only won it once i think, that was this year. im sure there will be more information on the net, but i cant be bothered to look it up
localhost8080
localhost8080

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 am

Lance Armstrong performed exceptionally well during the Tour de France. I'm not much of a cyclist anymore due to someone stealing my bike! Sad But I definitely would of like the opportunity to participate in such an exuberant event. Ah I wonder where my bike is.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 am

Living in france myself i actually watched the tour de france myself in a little village in brittany... was very action packed but have to say the best part was to start with they gave out loads of free gifts etc and then when the cyclists came they actually just shot past... rained a bit but was still a really good day out and was alot of media coverage around the area with 4 helicopters following them through

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 pm

It's hard to get back into the Tour de France with Lance Armstrong pulling away from the sport. This is the World Cup of cycling, though, so I'm sure I'll stay updated and hear a lot about it. 80 days to cycle around the world doesn't seem so bad, and that is quite an accomplishment for anyone willing to put aside that part of their life to complete the task.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:20 am

around the world would be great fun to do however i think that alot of that would be traveling on boats and planes especially to the more remote areas... i suppose one you hit europe then you can cover alot of the world without leaving dry land...but usa and stufff to get there would be a long time.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BoSoxFan Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:16 am

The Tour de France is a cool event, But it's just I never had the time to watch it! The only times I ever watched were when Lance Armstrong was cycling while battling cancer. That takes a true American hero to do that!

BoSoxFan

Back to top Go down

Post  sophia Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:28 am

Tour de france always fascinated me as i love cycling, i love to be the part of this great. this year Spanish player Carlos Sastre won.
French player won Tour de france for 36 time following by Belgium players who won for 18 times.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down