Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science fiction books!

+4
balwinder
Arctic
Saintjersey
artagnan1978
8 posters

Go down

Science fiction books! Empty Science fiction books!

Post  artagnan1978 Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Are there any science fiction fans around here?

I am a science fiction fan for a long time, I discovered the fantastic world of science fiction at the age of 13-14 years, and still like it.

It is kind of interesting reading these kind of books, because you can discover a whole other world, another possible future... a possible future of mankind, of the universe, if how the world might evolve.

The authors that I like the most are: Philip K. Dick, Issac Asimov, Arthur C. Clark. They can be considered the fathers of science fiction.

How about your favorite science fiction authors and books?
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Science fiction books! Empty Re: Science fiction books!

Post  Saintjersey Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Well I have read War of the Worlds, and that was on TV last night. The film isn't too much of what I expected it to be, but then again they never are! Very Happy
Saintjersey
Saintjersey
Admin

https://sporttalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 pm

Saintjersey wrote:Well I have read War of the Worlds, and that was on TV last night. The film isn't too much of what I expected it to be, but then again they never are! Very Happy

Yeah I saw that, it's such a random story. lol!
Arctic
Arctic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  artagnan1978 Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Saintjersey wrote:Well I have read War of the Worlds, and that was on TV last night. The film isn't too much of what I expected it to be, but then again they never are! Very Happy

You see, usually that is what happens most of the time. First you read the book, and after a while you see the movie made based upon the book and most of the time you do not like the movie.

When you read the book, you imagine yourself the places, the characters... and the movie just doesn't presents like that. It is new and different...

Now and then it does happen that I like the movie better than the book. It depends on the movie and on the book.
artagnan1978
artagnan1978

http://www.dreamteamgdi.ws

Back to top Go down

Post  balwinder Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm

Well i am not too sure but the spiderwick chronicles. Watched the movies also in a plane study

balwinder

Back to top Go down

Post  ladycallie Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Does blade runner count? I really liked that when I read it a few summers ago. Very interesting, and theres a movie to go with it!

ladycallie

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:59 am

yeah i love science fiction stories especially resident evil one they are great

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:45 am

The closest I was able to get to science fiction in school was Goosebumps and Animorphs. Laughing I'm really into computers, but for some reason I can't stay interested in sci-fi books. I know a lot of people who really like it, I'm just into more reasonably realistic themes. I've never watched a single Star Wars movie, for example.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Arthur C. Clarke was my favourite as a child! I absolutely devoured his books, I read everything I could get my hands on! I loved his writing and attention to detail. His writing was so detailed and he spun such imaginary worlds out of thin air, that you actually believed all this really was true...maybe one day it will be.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down