Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why indian players are inconsistent?

+10
zxlewi
lalit7552
jawlk
evolva
ammarmemon
AU
bhushna22
balwinder
Valcer
nareshshah2008
14 posters

Go down

why indian players are inconsistent? Empty why indian players are inconsistent?

Post  nareshshah2008 Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Indian players are inconsistent since ages about there performance.

On one hand it can beat teams like australia on their home ground and on other hand gets beatean by teams like banglades on native ground.

Being an indian i do love my country and my team, but i think criticism is the way to succcess.

nareshshah2008

http://www.webmastersheaven.net

Back to top Go down

why indian players are inconsistent? Empty Re: why indian players are inconsistent?

Post  Valcer Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 pm

I think the Indian team is a bit stagnant. The middle-order of Dravid, Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman has been around for a long time. Unfortunately, their bowling attack relies too strongly on Kumble/Harbajhan. Kumble isn't a big turner of the ball, and H. Singh is not the force he once was. They beat SA on a dreadful pitch prepared in India, but they sometimes struggle to bowl teams out elsewhere.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

why indian players are inconsistent? Empty Re: why indian players are inconsistent?

Post  balwinder Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 pm

Thanks god i am not the only indian that thinks like that because its true. At one point we are the best in the world and then the next day, we dont even know how to bat anymore! affraid

balwinder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valcer Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 am

Just found a stat on Cricinfo - India have not won two consecutive tests in the last three years. Compare that to Australia who won 16 in a row before India ended their run 6 months ago.

Valcer

Back to top Go down

Post  bhushna22 Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:45 am

Yeah, I am also an indian and i am also seeing this from ages. If the media is not on their tail of saying to improve the performance they don't do anything they just go loose match that to in a World Cup series to a team like Bangladesh and come home losing and not even qualifying into the semis. I feel shameful of our team.

bhushna22

Back to top Go down

Post  AU Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm

But india is reviving...isnt it? After today's performance in Srilanka, i bet they are gonna rock back on test cricket scene real hard!

Whats Indias rank in ICC?

AU

Back to top Go down

Post  ammarmemon Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 pm

This has been the biggest problem with not only indians but with all the subcontinent players including Pakistan cricket team players.In my opinion,this is due to lack of maturity in subcontinent players.They are just like moody players.When they are in full action,no one can beat them but when they are out of touch,they cannot beat anyone Laughing

ammarmemon

Back to top Go down

Post  evolva Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

indian players dont fight with their true spirit sometimes and they lack co-operation too sometimes so we dont win

evolva

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:38 am

I'm not sure it has anything to do with them being Indian but maybe it has to do with their coaches, they should import a few British cricket coaches to really show em how to ball! That would bring some uplifting to their spirit.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:37 pm

nareshshah2008 wrote:Indian players are inconsistent since ages about there performance.

On one hand it can beat teams like australia on their home ground and on other hand gets beatean by teams like banglades on native ground.

Being an indian i do love my country and my team, but i think criticism is the way to succcess.

They beat Australia whenever they want to prove a point and they beaten by Bangladesh when no one even care about it. And I think this mentality caused them last world cup.

Indian batsman are not mentally strong like Aussies are and they are full of ad campaign and busy in counting money.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 pm

We all know that the Indian players are world class players. But they are not showing the consistency in their game . The thing is that they are playing so many games in a year and they are getting tiered. So that the best option is to give players a quite time to relay after a particular series . Or give rest to players at that time we can give chance to youngsters.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm

well such things happen when the players either are not used to the conditions or pressure or low confidence puts them off More confidence can help fight such inconsistencies

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 am

I think there are two reason which may be cause of inconsistancy of Indian player . 1 > some time when team gets on winning track then player feels some relax and they play risky shots as they were ourconfidance & 2nd one thing is in pressure games some new player could't sustain the pressure. & also one thing is more important is when u out all senior player at time then defenatly it shuld be effected on team performance.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:32 pm

The Indian team used to be a super power, the main reason they've lost their play is because of the new youngsters coming in. After the IPL the world saw what Indian youngsters had to offer, they are new to the International standard so it takes time to become used to the fact.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:36 pm

I think the Indian team is too reliant on a few big names like Tendulkar and Sehwag. Not taking anything away from these genius's though, they are one of the best that have ever played. However, I think the inexperienced middle order cannot cope with the pressure when a few of the big names fail to fire.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down