Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Underrated Player

3 posters

Go down

Most Underrated Player Empty Most Underrated Player

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Who is it?
I'm going with either Elton Brand or Michael Redd. If Brand was in as fortunate of a situation as players like KG and Duncan are right now, he would easily be as good as those two players. He could be a top 3 big man in the league so easily... and Redd, a lights out 3-point shooter, maybe the sweetest looking left-handed release in the game, he's so undervalued down in Milwaukee that it almost hurts.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Most Underrated Player Empty Re: Most Underrated Player

Post  Aran Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:15 pm

I think that Kueth Duany and Etan Thomas are viable underrated candidates. Duany developed into one of those players who did every good; he was not great in any aspect, but he was a decent perimeter shooter, rebounder, ball handler, defender, and free throw shooter during his senior season.
Thomas is rarely considered in discussions for top Syracuse center, yet he was two time Big East Defensive Player of the Year.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:59 am

I think Josh Howard is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He averaged 6.3 boards last season and put up 15.6 points per night. He's still virtually unknown except among avid fans. I think Howard is one impressive player and needs to get a bit more of the spotlight.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:46 am

jawlk wrote:I think Josh Howard is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He averaged 6.3 boards last season and put up 15.6 points per night. He's still virtually unknown except among avid fans. I think Howard is one impressive player and needs to get a bit more of the spotlight.
I'd have to agree actually, Josh is my favorite player in the NBA despite his recent offish behavior. He's a great support player for Dirk, but he plays like he's the first option. He's an efficient scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter, and he plays without fear and very aggressively. He was a really good find for the Mavericks.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down