Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best cricket Player

+3
Aran
sophia
zxlewi
7 posters

Go down

Best cricket Player Empty Best cricket Player

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi, Who do you consider as the best cricket player ever lived. I believe that its the DON? Ibelieve that its Sir Donald George Bradman who lived from 27 August 1908 to 25 February 2001 . He lived for around 92 years and was a great person indeed.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Best cricket Player Empty Re: Best cricket Player

Post  sophia Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:51 pm

No Doubt Donald Bradman was a great player (Batsman) with the average of 99.94, which is incredible.
But i like few other players too such as Waseem Akram, Sachin Tendulkar, Brain Lara and Glenn McGrath. I know there are many other great cricketers also there in 1970's and 80's but i couldn't watch their game so its really difficult to say something about them.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Aran Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 pm

sophia wrote:No Doubt Donald Bradman was a great player (Batsman) with the average of 99.94, which is incredible.
But i like few other players too such as Waseem Akram, Sachin Tendulkar, Brain Lara and Glenn McGrath. I know there are many other great cricketers also there in 1970's and 80's but i couldn't watch their game so its really difficult to say something about them.

Thanks
Sophia Alliee

Dude you are totally correct, Donald Bradman was no doubt the greatest batsman who stepped foot in the game of cricket. My personal favorite would have to be Sachin Tendulkar. But it is pretty hard trying to decide who your new favorite batsman is due to the fact of the new younger athletes being interested in cricket.

Aran
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragunov Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:07 pm

sir don bradman is regarded as the best batsman He had a test average just shy of 100 runs per innings The best bowler may be glenn mcgrath or shane warne or botham

dragunov

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:39 pm

I agreed with comment about Sir Don Bradman that he was a legendry player but I am watching & playing cricket from the last 16 years & I saw Inzimamul Haq as the best player against all type of bowling espesialy against fast bowler.

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Sachin Tendulkar is my personal favourite. He might be declining over the past few years, but when he gets "in the zone" he can really tear apart any bowling attack in the world. And its not just any mauling, its a treat to watch.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Someone like Andrew Symonds or Matthew Haydon would get my vote. Sachin Tandulkar is good but he is by far over rated. He is mainly on good as a batsman. Andrew Symonds is a great batsmen, bowler and a legendary fielder. Matthew Haydon can compare to Sachin with the bat.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Sachin Tendulkar carried the brunt of the Indian batting lineup for many years, and scored runs at a torrential speed. People like mat hayden and symonds always had a winning team behind them, don't you agree?

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratchet Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm

You do have a point though Sachin had a great team with him a few years ago. Though he has lost his touch. I would still tip with Andrew Symonds, he has been with the Australian team for a while and he has proved himself.

Ratchet

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:55 pm

He did, around the 2003 world cup? He scored 673 runs in the world cup back then, the highest in that world cup.

He tore apart the Aussie's in the VB series in December 2007, against a full strength Aussie lineup. He scored two sterling knocks in the 3 VB finals.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down