Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Olympic Hero

+4
jawlk
Craig
Cobalt
greg333
8 posters

Go down

Biggest Olympic Hero Empty Biggest Olympic Hero

Post  greg333 Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Well I always thought there was only one possible answer to this question, obviously it was Michael Phelps who deserved to be the Hero this year, and he did it, 8 Gold medals, truly amazing.

But then I saw the 100m on Saturday, and had a rethink. That victory was so out of this world that maybe Usain Bolt would be an even bigger hero than Phelps.

Well what do you think, the most medals or the easiest winning margin, Phelps or Bolt, who is your biggest hero?

greg333

Back to top Go down

Biggest Olympic Hero Empty Re: Biggest Olympic Hero

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 pm

It's hard to choose a hero - There have quite literally been dozens in this Olympic games who have achieved more than anybody could realistically have expected.

Michael Phelp's haul was truly phenomenal, and whilst few have the option of entering as many competitions, nobody can take his achievement away from him. He is a truly awesome athlete.

Bolt ran two incredible races, though I much preferred the 200m where he blew away the competition and showed just how powerful a runner he can be with real effort - Nobody, not the commentators, not the spectators, not even his fellow athletes could believe the time he posted. I think he will improve even further and set records that are going to stand for a long, long time.

But for me, I think it's the athletes who have trained hard and overcome the odds to get medals, whether Gold, Silver or Bronze, who are hero's. This year has been a great spectacle and there have been some truly amazing performances.
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 pm

I've definitely got to say Michael Phelps. He put his stamp on the 2008 games, he was followed so closely, that 1/100th of a second win was just insane... I can't see anyone passing an 8/8 performance like he put on anytime soon, maybe not in any of our lifetimes. That was truly something to be remembered, so I'd say Phelps was this year's hero.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:46 am

Michael Phelps's swimming performance definitely did it for me. He was absolutely amazing out there and I'm glad the young lad got the gold medal he deserves. I was also astonished with Didier's performance in handball, odd taste I suppose but joyous not the less.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BoSoxFan Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Craig wrote:I've definitely got to say Michael Phelps. He put his stamp on the 2008 games, he was followed so closely, that 1/100th of a second win was just insane... I can't see anyone passing an 8/8 performance like he put on anytime soon, maybe not in any of our lifetimes. That was truly something to be remembered, so I'd say Phelps was this year's hero.

Yes I see those Olympic and World Records possibly staying in the United states for a while! I mean some of those races he won were intense, Him winning over the second place winner by a body's length, That's amazing. So, Michael Phelps is easily the Hero of the 2008 Olympic Games!

BoSoxFan

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 am

I think my hero was actually from china... cant remember his name but he pulled out of the hurdles because of a bad leg and it must have taken some gut to pull out and let your country down like that. However i bet afterwards they were all happy because if he had run he would have got a bad time and also probably not been able to run again because of his leg.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  kunal Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 pm

I would actually vote for the gold medalist in the 10m Air Rifle category - Abhinav Bindra from India. Maybe I am biased as he is from my country, but his achievement is truly great considering there was no support, financially or otherwise from anyone from his own country. He funded it all himself, even paying for his own plane tickets.

kunal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:37 am

i dun know exactly the naem of that guy.but i knw that he is from usa and he won 11 gold medals for his country.o obviously he is the hero of olympics from my point of view.and this is a world record as well

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down