Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Highlight?

5 posters

Go down

Olympic Highlight? Empty Olympic Highlight?

Post  Sims2 Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 pm

What was your Olympic highlight of the Beijing 2008 games?

Mine personally was Nicole Cooke in the cycling road race. After falling behind into fifth with around 1km left, to winning it was an amazing achievement. Her determination and grit in the last 300m's as well, was something special and it epitomized typical British grit.

Sims2

Back to top Go down

Olympic Highlight? Empty Re: Olympic Highlight?

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh come on, nothing is going to beat Michael Phelps' 8/8 gold medal, 'greatest-performance-of-all-time' performance. The guy is going down in history, he went from near-nothing to something so big in such a quick turn of time. If I had to pick a second placer though, Usain Bolt was just insane. That guy is a little too fast.

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am

I would have to say the trails of the ping pong highlights. It's like mini tennis and it's amazing how fast some of these guys can manipulate the ping pong ball. Some of these guys techniques are so different it can just completely throw off a pro player.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Olympic Highlight? Empty Olympic Highlight?

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:49 pm

I think the best highlight of the olympics was definatly the football . Because it is the game which had alot more in the terms of the number of fans. I was shocked by the way Argentina reached towards gold. but oh well i suppose thats all part of the olympics.. wonder what will happen next time round

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BoSoxFan Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 am

My favorite part of the olympics was probably when Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal. He threw his hands up in the air in glory. It was one of myvall-time favorite moments from the olympics.

BoSoxFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down