Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all you Olympic haters...

+2
Tinkleheimer
Nostromo
6 posters

Go down

For all you Olympic haters... Empty For all you Olympic haters...

Post  Nostromo Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm taking it that you're happier now that the Olympics has finished at least for another four years!

For everybody else, what did you think of the Beijing Olympics and how did it compare to other recent events? I thought it was a pretty good games, plenty of records being broken and whilst there were one or two black marks - Pre-recorded opening ceremony, allegations of drug use, assault of a referee etc - I think it was a success overall.

The UK put in a good showing at last which is a vast improvement on recent attempts as anyone else that has followed the Olympics knows. China and the US were the ones to beat as was expected by most before the start of the games.

So, predictions for 2012, anyone? Razz

Nostromo

Back to top Go down

For all you Olympic haters... Empty Re: For all you Olympic haters...

Post  Tinkleheimer Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:06 pm

There are always minor incidents in a major game like this. But overall the games were amazing and really a success. It was well done.

Tinkleheimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Beijing was a great host city. They really put on a great show, I wish I was fortunate enough to attend it this year. As for 2012? London should be amazing, and the countries in bid for 2016... I think, Brazil, Spain, and Japan... along with the US, will be able to put on a great show, too. Tokyo would be incredible. But a prediction: I can't say for much else than USA winning gold in basketball!

Craig
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  jawlk Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 am

I think Beijing is doing a great job hosting this years Olympics. I don't think there are going to be too many Olympic haters on these forums, or browsing the Olympics section anyways. Razz In regards to this years Olympics compared to other years I say the show they've put on so far is nothing short of amazing.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  zxlewi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Beijing Olympics was expecting big opposition, but things turn around soomether. It was very prestigious for china to host this greatest sports saga in their land. And the hosts itself took the most golds.

zxlewi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  sportscrazy Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:31 am

nopes i am the olympics lover.i luv all the games which involves physical fitness of the player.and specialy olympics involves alot of physical fitnes of the players.
as we cann see the games 100m race , 200 meter race , marathon, football,etc.all of them includes physical fitness

sportscrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down