Sportalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great county players who never made it...

4 posters

Go down

Great county players who never made it... Empty Great county players who never made it...

Post  Cobalt Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 pm

Mark Ramprakash scored his third successive century against Sussex, leading me to the topic of great county players who never made it at International level. Obviously Ramprakash is one of the finest players to have graced the county circuit, and another name that springs to mind is Graeme Hick. Even though both had high points, albeit brief, at International level, neither could replicate their domestic form.

Perhaps it was the additional pressure or maybe the extra edge of the bowling attacks, particularly from the likes of the Australians and the West Indies in the 90's. Either way, both have joined the illustrious one hundred hundreds club which is something few current domestic players are realistically likely to achieve.

Who else has shone for their county but not quite cut it at test level? What do you think the reasons are?
Cobalt
Cobalt

Back to top Go down

Great county players who never made it... Empty Re: Great county players who never made it...

Post  ammarmemon Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:20 am

I think that in international cricket,there is alot of pressure as compared to the county crickets.As far as my knowledge is concerned,county players doesn't have to worry about their position in the side so they perform well.

ammarmemon

Back to top Go down

Great county players who never made it... Empty Re: Great county players who never made it...

Post  jawlk Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:57 am

I don't believe that there are any "great" county players that didn't advance. If they were truly great cricket players they would of been advanced, or at least tried in another county where that talent would finally be recognized.
jawlk
jawlk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lalit7552 Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Well I think Mark Ramprakash got the enough opportunity but he is not able to capitalise them. You cant expect more than that. And as per the present scenario of cricket world there is huge competition and if you made a mistake than other will be replaced by you.

So if you got a single chance than just capitalise it or forget it.

lalit7552

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down